How Much Do You Tip Your Cleaning Lady at Christmas?

I have a lady that cleans 2 x's a month. What do you think is the appropriate dollar amount to give her for Christmas? I pay her $80. Shouild i double it? Add $50? Whats the norm??? Im in the service industry and have received everything from small gifts to an extra $20, but thats about it. I dont want to be cheap, but not extravagant either.

Just a thought--for those of us without cleaning ladies--are WE supposed to be getting a tip?????? I need to talk to my husband immediately about this. LOL

Not a damn thing...she sucks. Sadly, my housekeeper is me and I can never seem to keep up with it all...

If there's a norm, I don't know what it is. For a Christmas gift I usually give each lady the same amount that I would pay for one cleaning session. My ladies are, without question, the best, most reliable, most trustworthy cleaning ladies in the state, so I don't consider it extravagant.

Donna - I hate to say it, but many cleaning services do not share tips that are provided to management with the employees. It's best to hand each lady their own envelope with cash.

I've been under the impression that it's customary to tip one weeks cleaning session. My cleaning lady comes in twice a month for $100 at a time and I've always given an extra $100 for an xmas gift.

My cleaning lady cleans every week. I am paying an additional week's pay. That is what we have done the last couple of years.

You are giving her a steady job, why tip her at all? Many in Texas are not citizens and the job is the 'tip'!

Do what you can afford.

Donna H....I would NOT make that assumption....if you have the money, give each lady who comes and cleans for you a separate envelope. Trust me, I know.

Blessings....

1 / 3