Appropriate Christmas Gift for Cleaning Lady

Wnat is an appropriate Christmas gift for a cleaning lady? We have used the same woman for about 6 months now. She comes every other week and I pay her $100 per cleaning. She also brings another person with her to help her clean. We have been very happy with her, and are able to trust her to come into our house while we are at work to clean our house...we come home and it is spotless. Can someone please tell me what an appropriate gift, monetary or otherwise, would be?

Thanks to everyone who responded. You've helped me make my decision! Happy Holidays!

I know you have already made a decision, but I must tell you, Iam a cleaning lady and the fact that you even remember would be nice. Only 2 of my clients remembered me this year. I am a student and a mom of two. I really thought other moms would think of me. Not the case. It is wonderful that you cared enough to do or say anything.

I have always given one week's pay to the cleaning lady as a gift. I have help every week for $90, so that's how much I give as a gift.
A.

Someone who is cleaning houses is doing it for a job. Please don't try to guess her taste in anything. Give a gift of money or a gift certificate. As for the cost don't go over what you can afford. Give what you can. Perhaps use the tipping chart.

Hi J., I have cleaning girls too and in the past I have bought them candles anykind. One year I gave the main girl a large candle and he two helpers I gave smaller ones. I also have given them each a christmas ball. I know my friend gives them candy and the other gives wawa gift cards. Good luck with your decision. R.

I would give her a monetary bonus on the week of Christmas. Either that , or if you know what she likes or collects, you could buy her a gift card for her favorite store. You can't go wrong with cash though. I think everyone likes a big fat cash bonus.

I also give cash for our cleaning lady. Since her job is a serivce job its moreless a Christmas bonus.

My mom does 1 to 2 times her regular pay for a bonus at the holidays. Maybe 150 woudl be good so she coudl split it with the person that helps her and still come away with a bit of extra cash. Or a little gift with the money, like pretty gloves and the cash. Cash is never wrong...

I give mine 1 weeks cleaning charge additional, in your case, $100.

I would say prob. $50 to $100 dollar bonus, would be appropriate.

WOW! Good cleaning ladies are hard to come by, you are lucky. I would suggest a gift card to a local mall, or a plain Visa gift card that she can spend wherever she wants to. Cash is also nice. Of course, don't forget a nice heartfelt card to go along with it!

I myself am a cleaning lady with several houses. i work with another lady also and i must say all of our customers have been more that generous this x-mas. Our gifts range from gift cards to money.The gifts have all matched what they pay us for the job. If we make 100, they gave us each 50.

I would assume she probably cleans other homes also, so I would give her something she can enjoy like a gift certificate towards a spa service like pedicure, manicure or massage. They usually don't cost very much individually. I know as a mom of 3 girls 3 - 15 yrs old that those are the kind of things I would like to do for myself but never make time. Maybe some comfort products she can use at home like bath salts, aromatherapy candles, and exfoliants and moisturizers. I am sure you could find something really nice in a Bath and Body Works or similar store at a reasonable price.

$100 in a card for the primary; a box of chocolates for the secondary (let the primary decide how much cash to share with the secondary)

If you can afford it, I'd give her an extra $100, either in cash, or a Visa or AmEx gift card - something she (they) can use anywhere.

Hi, J.. I used to be a nanny/housekeeper. My personal opinion is that either money or a gift card are great gifts. It's only once a year and if you appreciate her, I think it is nice to gift her something. The amount is really up to you. Whatever you can afford. But give it to her separate from her regular pay in a nice card. You can also give her a gift basket or some cookies to go with it. I always appreciated my employer because I knew they appreciated me. Happy Holidays!

A.

I give my cleaning lady check for 40 - 50 dollars in a nice card with Holiday wishes. I know she is very happy about it. This is more about gratification not about personal relationship so I thought money would be the best. Good luck and Happy Holidays.