Did You "Just Know" You Had Met the ONE?

And if you did, HOW? Personally, I knew because all of a sudden, the drama was gone. Not my adrenaline-rushed, can't eat/can't sleep feelings of falling in love-- those were still there in full force. But what was gone was the drama of game playing, should I call him or not, what does that phone message mean? Does he like me or not? All of that stuff just...disappeared. It was just so much EASIER than it had been with other relationships. What about you?

Wow, what Hazel said was lovely - "having found Home within each other..." That's how I felt when I met my husband, that I "got" him and what he's all about, and vice versa. And a wonderful feeling of safety - that he accepted me and all my faults and still loved me anyway. Right from Day 1, I knew he was "it" - we have been married for almost 24 years. How lucky we are. Thanks for making me remember that today :)

My husband and I were both 18 and graduating h.s when we got together. I had a lot of crushes throughout h.s. but when he and I got together all other "boys" ceased to exist. It was different from the honeymoon period that you usually have when you first start dating someone. I wish I could describe it but I just knew. He had told a friend of his that he was going to marry me and this was before we had ever even gone on a date. We've been together almost 26 yrs, married for 20. I still love the big lug.

I knew the moment I saw him. We met through eharmoney and I had many many toad date as I called them. The funny thing about my dating at the time Must Love Dogs had just come out, I had some of those crazy dates. But with my husband all of that stopped and I felt like I could be me. The funny thing is he was the first guy I ever passed gas in front of, I know that sounds weird but with my first husband he thought that was disgusting so I just held it in. Please dont get the impression we just fart all day long now,lol. But I am very comfortable around him and he loves the fact that I still have some post baby weight and really does not want me to lose it. So that has got to be love.

For me, something literally clicked. I was totally comfortable and never felt like I had to put my guard up. I could be myself and not worry about what he thought. I STILL get butterflies in my stomach around my fiance, even after 4 years. I get goosebumps when his hand brushes mine. We have little moments where we catch each others eye and the stare stays and we smile. We are the best team! Once in a while, we still capture that sense of falling in love all over again... PLUS, when we were very early in our relationship, I knew I loved him but I was too scared to say anything one night (we were hanging at my place)... He got up to go to the bathroom but before he did, he wrote on my daughters doodle pad 'I think I'm falling in love with you'... My heart swelled but I was too scared to tell him I saw, LOL!! I am my own person, but he also completes me :)

Ditto. That was my experience. Most important, our values and goals were the same. Everything clicked, and moved quickly. The marriage has been wonderful. We're going on the big 12 this year.

You are at peace within yourself and without much science to it, you complement each other even if you are opposites and get mad with each other on occasion. It's like a puzzle, it just fits in the right space for YOU....

Yes S. ,totally agree with you,no mind games from the very beginning.
There was the romance and excitement but most important I felt so comfortable in his presence.
We were just open and honest with each other.
We were married 9 months after we met and 6 years later, I still feel so blessed to be married to this gorgeous man.
Lovely post.
Ps I am very spiritual and have read that when you meet your twin flame, one of the signs is that there is no drama to the union.Everything just seems right and easy.

Yes. Although I was attracted to him, I think the term instant recognition seems to fit better than instant attaction for our first meeting. I was not looking for a relationship/actually trying to avoid one (I was finishing college at the time and did not want to start dating anyone who may "hold me back"). When he walked in the room, I looked at him and thought "there he is." I freaked myself out ...wondering why on earth I would think such a thing..especially immediately. Some part of me just knew he was the one. I always thought past lives were real and after meeting my husband I have no doubt we've been together many many times. Gosh, that was almost 15 years ago. Fun question.

I love your description, S.. My own meeting my love was similar – there was a quiet "wow" and not a huge "WOW!" It is the easiest relationship I have ever had. And I simply could never imagine it not unfolding as sweetly and naturally as it did (still is, going on 30 years since we met).

I met my husband two years after leaving a very difficult first marriage, and I was convinced I would NEVER marry again. No man in the world could be worth the hell marriage had come to represent for me.

But this stranger brought a small logo design job into a studio where I was working, and we chatted a bit about what he wanted, and he showed me the delightful hands-on science activities he was creating and publishing. I loved his work, his imagination, his gentle voice, his sincerity, his depth, his easy laugh.

Over dinner that night, I told my 8-year-old daughter, "I don't think I'll ever want to get married. But if I did, a man I met today is the kind of man I would marry."

A few days later, I had drawn the logo and met this man again. Over the next few weeks, I started illustrating his books. Ten months later, we married. Our 29th anniversary will be the first day of spring, and I've never doubted the wisdom of marrying him. So that first impression was a good one.

The first time I saw the man who was now my husband, I was thunderstruck with just how beautiful he was. He'd been pointed out to me by a mutual friend, and while we never exchanged words, it was just a wonderful moment. I had no designs on him. We were both married to other people at that time --my marriage was on its last legs, but I wasn't looking around. I found out later that he was in the exact same situation.

We both broke up our households a few months later, in January of 2001,our lives still independent of each other. I went off to live alone, and started attending a poetry open-mike, which he hosted. Still no thoughts about dating. We were both healing, and just casually friendly to each other. Around September, though, something just clicked. He had inquired of another mutual friend about me, and for some reason, I was so excited to hear about it, I just had a good feeling. We courted a bit, but I think it was pretty obvious to each other that we both knew that things felt right. Our first official date was on a later day in September, which we always celebrate, and we've been together ever since. Just as you suggested-- no drama, no insecurity-- it just felt very comfortable and respectful. We both knew that this wasn't going to be a 'dating' thing, we were committed from day one. Perhaps this is because we both weren't looking for the flurry of emotional excitement, but a partner who'd be true and real for each other. We've got it, still have it.

The sparks have simmered down a bit since then, but what's at the core of our relationship-- having found Home within each other, will remain.

Thanks for the question. Got the cozy, warm glow going now!

1 / 3