Christmas Gift Idea for 2 Year Old Boy

My son will be 2 in February and I'm needing ideas for what to get as his "big" gift for Christmas. We were going to do one of the battery powered ride on toys, but in talking with grandparents discovered that one of them had already ordered a similar item for him. I don't really feel like we need to top that gift, but would like to get him something equally as nice that he'll enjoy as much. Any ideas would be welcome!

Come on into Walking Stick Toys. It's a little toy shop that I own right in Missoula. We've got a lot of great toys that are unique that you probably won't find anywhere else in town.

My kids always liked the large lego blocks. They have some with a barrow to cart them around with. Or a big truck.

B.-
Last year for Christmas, I got my son the Smartville Alphabet Train Station (by VTech) for my almost 2 year old. I would HIGHLY recommend it. He still plays wiht it almost dayly and it is a wonderful toy. The train doesn't run the track by itself, but it has the letters along the track, will tell you the letter, give you the sound, ask you to find the letter, etc. Your child will not outgrow it in a quite a few years. It also comes with about 50 pieces (animals) that you put on 'pedastels' and the track will tell you the name of the animal and about it. It is built well and has taken a pretty good beating... I just looked on toysrus.com and they are offering it for $40.

Most kids that age really love to paint. Some finger paints a big pad of paper or a paint stand and a smock might be a fun idea if you don't already have a set like that. What could be better than making a huge mess while nurturing their creative side. Otherwise there is that Aquadoodle where they can draw without making a huge mess you just use water to paint on a pad and it dries up and disappears. Planning on buying that for my niece who is 2.5 years old.

My 2 year old son has a Geotrax train set that he absolutely loves! There's the Mega set which is $100 and then another set that's $50. My son has the $50 set and it keeps him entertained for hours! It comes with a motorized train and there's lots of things to keep him entertained. My 2 year old is going to be getting the shake n go crash em up speedway for Christmas, I'm hoping it's just as big of a hit as the geotrax!

I wouldn't feel compelled to have to do a "big" gift. things that they can be mobile with or carry with them will have a much longer lasting impact. It's easier to carry Thomas and Percy than a big ride on toy. You could even go with art supples, like finger paints and construction paper. That's allow them to be creative while at the same making a mess...which when their establishing their indepence, can be just as great...they can paint or color anyway they want to.

I've got five of my own and I never did 'big' gifts when they were really little. They are making up for it, NOW, lol... I have, honestly, found that the gifts that last are smaller... Dinosaurs, farm animals, little people play sets. I know when I did daycare, the kids that age loved the play kitchen (if you don't like boys and kitchens, think the tool bench set) and the zebra that spins. And...the boxes are more fun ;-) Good luck. And I agree with what the other gal said, if you set the bar high young, it may set YOU up later! I'm facing a 14 year old who only wants a 360, and, well...I didn't set a high bar for him, but it's still high!

Does your son have a play kitchen set?? We got one for my son last year for Christmas and it is still his favorite toy. It was nice because then we had other people get the pots, pans, and other accessories.

my is is now 5 and still loves playing with his geo trax train. so i would say go with the geo trax train. and then you can add pieces every year. like i said my son is five and is still getting some pieces for it. and i'll let you know that of all heis toys the geo trax is extremely durable...i have stepped on parts and tripped on parts and they have never broke!!!!

1 / 3