Bridal Boutique Suggestions??

I am in search of a wedding dress! I'd like any recommendations on a small designer boutique in Dallas. I'd like to stay away from the big stores like David's Bridal.
I've always been into the big poofy dresses but we've decided to have a very small wedding abroad...on a beach. So a big poofy dress won't do. I need something simple...but flowy. :) I don't even know where to start!
Also, can any of you recommend a local wedding planner that specializes in carribbean weddings? Any suggestions or info would be SO helpful. Thanks!

I have a simple, non-poofy, but flowy wedding dress that I've been intending to sell via Craigslist or eBay. I bought it 2.5 years ago and paid close to $2,000 for the dress and veil. It's a Christina Wu design, and I bought it at a boutique in Dallas. It's a beautiful and simple dress (no beading, sequence, or embroidery). Very elegant. It's a sz 10 w/ room for a bust. If you are interested, I'd be glad to send pictures.

Let me know if you are interested, and I will help you in any way I can.

Regards,
A.

One of my daughters found a beautiful wedding dress in the JC Penneys catalogue. Of course, that was years ago and I don't know if they offer such things. But we'd gone to so many boutiques and were amazed at the selection Penneys had at the time. Very reasonably priced, too. So, don't write off the area departments stores that might have bridal shops inside their store or catalogues with access.

There is a little boutique in uptown called LuLu's that's incredible. (www.stardustcelebrations.com/lulu.htm) They have a great selection of several designers: Maggie Soterro, Jim Hjelm, etc. Also, they have a sister store called Stardust Bridal Salon (www.stardustcelebrations.com/bridalsalon.htm) in West Plano at Park & the Tollway (the other side of the tollway from Shops at Willowbend). Another little shop is Bridal Collections By Stella at The Shops at Legacy at Legacy & the Tollway. And I know my friend found a great designer dress at Mockingbird Bridal (www.mockingbirdbridal.com), which I think is at Mockingbird Station. Good luck and happy shopping!!

And also, thank you for your advice on my poor, fussy 3 month old. I appreciate it, and I know Emma will, too! :)

S. & Baby Emma (3 months)

I bought my designer couture wedding dress at Mockingbird Bridal. It is absolutely gorgeous. My wedding pictures still wow me. I've been married for 5 years! They sell hard to find dresses. Sometimes it takes 4 months to receive the order so shop early!

K

P.S. I am willing to sell my dress. It's a size 6. I can send pictures if you're interested!

My sister and I stumbled upon Bridal Gallery in Lewisville. I cannot recommend this place enough. They have beautiful gowns of much higher quality than David's Bridal. They are just as affordable as David's however. It is my understanding they stock a limited number of these gowns and they are not mass produced. I believe you can get the gown immediately without having to wait the normal 2 months. Also, the sales staff is very personable and the atmosphere is low-stress, unlike some Bridal salons. The store is located in the shopping Center adjacent to the Target on I-35 at Round Grove/3040. It is near the Carters and Pei Wei.

I bought my dress at Lulu's in Uptown. It's a nice boutique that is part of Stardust but not as expensive.
Good luck!!

You might try Terra Costa that is where I bought my wedding dress under 400.00. I love that place. Their customer service/sales are great.
They are located at 635 East bound and Preston at the shopping center on the Southwest corner.
Good Luck and Congrats!

1 / 3