Birthday Party Ideas - Aurora,IL

My son will be turning 4 in Oct. I don't know what to do this year. We have had a birthday party at McDonalds, Bounce Town, and here at home.
I want to have it somewhere this year because its on a saturday.
He loves trains, trucks, firetrucks, he is all boy!!
If anyone has any ideas or anything they can recommend I would appreciate it.
Thanks so much!!!

Thank you for ALL your help!!!!
We decided to have his birthday party at My Gym. I heard its good and close to home!!
Thanks so much!!!

For my older don's 4th b-day, we did bowling. It went over so well that we are doing it my younger son this year for his 3rd b-day. It was also the least expensive b-day party we've ever had - and we've done Chucky Cheese, Pump-it-up and the party at home and they were all much more expensive.

Have fun!

If you don't want to go as far as Schererville, there is a place called Choo Choo Johnys in Frankfort. They have birthday parties there also.

Most museums have birthday party options - we've had parties (or attended parties for other kids) at - Chicago Children's Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquarium, Lincoln Park Zoo.

We've also done a children's play (at Apollo Theater in Lincoln Park), Chuck E Cheese (ugh for us, yea for kids), gymnastics. There's so many great options out there. Good luck choosing and have fun planning the party!

Hi E.!
I had great birthday parties for my boys with a pirate or dinosaur theme, but those were at home. A lot of local park districts have birthday party facilities and plans -- check yours and maybe a few surrounding.

Also -- Why don't you check out the Actors Gym in Evanston? If they have a party plan, great; if not, maybe you can hire actors to do a skit and teach the kids a little about getting up and performing. It would be different!

HAve fun,
Mama S.

Contact your town fire department and see if they will give a tour of the firehouse and the firetruck. Kids of all ages would love this. Older kids from the family would love the pole and to learn. The younger ones would love to ring the firetruck bell and wear a firemans hat etc. Mayby a picnic lunch can be provided by you to eat at the firemans kitchen with them. They ALL love kids!!!

I've heard that you can call your local fire station and ask if they will do a tour for a play group. I talked to a woman who did this, and she said the kids got to climb in the trucks, try on the hats, and learn all about the equipment and the fire station. They even made little gift bags with coloring books and badges. They didn't charge her, but she made a donation.

There is also a train restaurant in Downers Grove off of 75th street. It is probably closer to you. We LOVE it there and go about once a month cause the service is FANTASTIC and my daughter loves it! They do parties and have a party room. It's called All Aboard Diner. They have a website you can check out. Good luck and happy birthday to your little one!

Wild West Town in Union, IL is a blast. Take a look at their web site, wildwesttown.com

There's a very neat place in Glenview that is a Fireman themed birthday party. The kids get to go into an actual fire truck, play firemen games such as putting out a "fire" and climbing ladders etc. It's actually firefighters who run the party and then after all that fun you go into another room for cake, pizza, presents... I have no idea the name of it... I bet if you googled it you might find it. The little boy was turning three that the party was for, but there were kids of all ages at the party and it was a blast! The birthday boy is the "captain" and gets to wear an outfit and everything. VERY COOL for little boys!

not sure where you live but a friend of mine and her sister opened up a really cute shop in villa park. splattersparties.com you invite 10-12 kids all boys or girls or both. pick the theme. decorate cupcakes, do two related crafts, open presents and its a wrap. check it out! My daughter had a mermaid party there and it was great.

1 / 3