Birthday Party for 5 Year Old Girl

Any great ideas for a 5 year old's birthday party? She has mentioned Pump It Up but I'm trying to avoid it, I think! Haven't decided if this will be a boy/girl party or just girls. Thought of having it at a pottery shop that hosts parties - they paint something and then it's fired and delivered later. Not sure if that would be hard for them - delayed gratification and all? Anyone had or been to a great party for this age group lately? I'd love to hear about it!

Well as a mom of five and manager of a bowling center I say take them bowling. Brunswick Zone has great packages. I am located at the Brunswick Zone in Glendale Heights and there is a larger center in Carol Stream that also has a large game room (with rides). All you do is bring the kids and the cake and they take care of the rest for you.

HI S.-

I just learned while shopping at Michaels' craft store that they do birthday paties. I happened to look into a room off to the side and saw balloons and a tables. I asked about it and they said yes, they do have parties. (My kids have not been to a party here, though.)

My kids were invited to a pottery place and they loved having the craft as a keepsake.. but they had to wait a week to get it. It was kind of fun waiting, though. And when the mom dropped off the glazed/ painted horse and unicorn, she also dropped off a photo thank you card.

When my oldest daughter turned 4 we did a costume party. Her birthday is in June and it was perfect. The kids loved wearing their costumes in the summer. I set up stations around the yard and they just went to whatever stations they wanted. The stations were
*Be a Chef - had a chocolate fondue set up with cut up fruits, pretzels, marshmallows, etc. to dip in using toothpicks

*Be a rock star - music and microphones

*Be a fisherman - a wading pool with magnetic fishing poles and magnetic fish

*Be a fireman - squirt bottles and red cups decorated like burning houses (used craft foam)

*Be a Mad Scientist - eye droppers, container of vinegar and little cups with baking soda in them, they put eye droppers of vinegar into the baking soda and watched the reaction, this was a favorite

*Be a baseball star - balls and a target

*Be a pirate - sand with pennies and fake jewels in it and shovels to dig with

*Be an Artist - an art project

It was a blast and honestly the best party we ever had

Hi!

I did a pottery party for my daughter's 4th birthday 2 years. I did boy/girl and everyone loved it! I also had a big age difference with some kids. Boys as old as 7 and girls as old as 10. Although some were bummed that they could not bring it home right away, they were thrilled when I gave them the finished project a week later. They look so much better when they are finished. Even the kids that are not so great at painting had pieces that looked great! I highly recommend it! The only thing I might suggest is looking at the pieces that the kids can pick from and make sure that the variety is good.

We had my sons ( boy/girl ) 5th b-day party at Morkes chocolate. They have a shop in Lake in the hills/Alg area and Palatine. They run a GREAT party! You can have them order pizza or you can bring your own. We got ours from Costco(right around the corner). The birthday child gets to pick the molds the kids will make. They also get to make chocolate covered pretzels and a chocolate pizza! No one at the party had ever been there so it was new and fun for everyone! The best part is the goodies they made ARE the goodies bag! They do have an area if you would like to open presents there. I would do this again! If you have a chance drop by and check it out! It is like $10 a child. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

I second the suggestion of The Painted Penguin. Boy and girls would enjoy this but I think girls especially do. They will go home with their artwork. Also, I liked it because the kids stay pretty calm.

My daughter is 12 weeks into Gymnastics and they offer Birthday Parties for girls and boys! I'm not sure if you know of a gymnastic center where you live but it's worth looking in too. Ours offers two packages-
1 1/2 Hour Birthday party on saturday or sunday
$199 1-10 guests
$10 for each additional guest over 10

2-hr Pizza party (Pizza from Pizza Hut)
$220 1-10 guests

They SUPPLY- Invitationswith envelopes
- Qualifed staff instructor
- Table for presents and refreshments
- Banner with Child's name on it and child's name in lights on sign outside
- Two large pizzas with the Gold Metal Pizza Party (They provide everything with pizza party)
-Their dancing school converts to a Party room and your assisted with Party Teachers throughout the whole party.
They provide the FUN with-
-Warm-up
-Obstacle Course
-Teddy's Moonwalk
-Some not all Gymnastic Equipment
-Games and Parachute
They also offer Cheer Parties-
Girls learn to cheer, do group mounts and stunts, also work on the trampoline and tumble-trak. They also learn a short pom-pom routine to music. Hosted by cheerleaders from local high school or college.
Hope this helps a little!!

Keep in mind that she is 5 years old and it does not take too much to keep them entertained. You can go to Oritenaltrading.com and find plenty of craft project that can be done at home or outside (weather permitting) for fraction of the cost. You can rent a jumper for your back yard. If she has a favorite character then work around that. Example Disney Princess (Belle) buy current dvd, Yellow and white balloons, napkins, and table cloth. Finger sandwiches, hot dogs, chips, juices and cake. Good luck

When my son turned 5 we did a party at Safety City in Wheaton. Turned out great! Party was only $100 for up to 12 kids. You supplied the treats. Kids get some playtime, a safety lesson from the teacher, time to ride tricycles out in the 'little town'.

http://www.wheatonparkdistrict.com/pdfs/brochure_pdfs/sum... (info on page 2)

HI S.-

1 / 3