Adoption

Hello everyone,
I wanted to ask you guys if anyone knows anything about adopting. My husband and I have been talking about it, but I don't know were to start or what to expect. We have left a message with our lawyer, but have not heard back yet. I know we have a lot of things to decide - like age of kid and stuff like that. I just wanted to find out if anyone has adopted and what all you guys went throw.

I'm a birthmom and my daughter was placed thru Coleman Agency which is now part of St. Elizabeths in Indianapolis. They were awesome, they chose a wonderful family for my daughter. I stayed in contact with them over the years, whenever I moved, so they could update my file. Not only do they provide support to the adoptive parents but they also support the birthmom which I think is very important.
http://www.stelizabeths.org/

Good luck to you.

Some close friends adopted a little girl from Russia about six years ago. I can ask them if they'd be willing to share info. What contact info do you want me to give them?

Hello S.! We have a beautiful, healthy, perfect 4 year old daughter who we adopted. Our adoption was a private adoption meaning we heard of her situation through a friend of a friend and used an adoption attorney to file and finalize all paperwork through court. We received custody of our daughter when she was 7 months old and our experience is beautiful. I can not put in to words how big of a blessing adoption has been for us. We are now in the process of our 2nd adoption. This time we are using an adoption agency located in Dayton Ohio. We have heard so many success stories through this agency and have had a great experience so far! Our homestudy has been finalized for a couple months and we are now waiting for our perfect child. They usually say it takes 5 to 8 months for a placement but I have seen placements in under 1 month. The adoption agency is Action ###-###-#### / actionadoption.org. We have known many couples who have traveled from Cincinnati and Columbus to this agency. This agency places children from the foster care system all over the USA so the costs are low. Parental rights have already been terminated so the fear of a failed placement are low. There is many options for adoption. Domestic or International, adoption agencies and adoption attorneys, foster to adopt, adoption through foster care system, private adoptions, open adoptions and closed adoptions. I have never heard any adoption stories that are the same. Everyone has different adoption experiences but ours has been so wonderful and we are so excited to add another child through the wonderful blessing of adoption. I would suggest doing some research on which option you feel would be the best for your family. There are so many wonderful children in need of loving homes and the joy they will bring to your life is so wonderful! I wish you the best on your journey to add to your family. God bless!

S.,
Both of my children are adopted. We went through Adoption by Gentle Care. They are located in Columbus but they adopt throughout the US. Both children were placed with us when they were 3 days old. You can check out their website at www.adoptionbygentlecare.org. PLEASE email me if you have any further questions. The people at Gentle Care are amazing!!! Best of luck,

We adopted twin girls from Russia almost 7 years ago. It is/was an awesome experience! We used European Adoption Consultants in Cleveland. They were wonderful people. There is a contact here in Cincinnati , but all of the paperwork will go through the Cleveland office. You will have many resposes and lots of choices. Good Luck!
We went with international adoption because I really was not comfortable with lots of contact with a birth mother.....just depends on how you feel about that.

Are you thinking of international adoption or domestic adoption? They each have a different set of joys, problems, and paperwork. We adopted both of our children internationally and would be happy to answer questions and point you to some resources to answer your questions/concerns. Whichever route you go, I'd suggest you start by reading everything you can get your hands on and asking lots of people for references. Some of the information will be overwhelming and scary. It doesn't mean that it will happen to you, but know that the possibility is there and tknow where to go for more information.

We adopted through the foster care system. We actually never intended to adopt but our daughter's bio mom left the hospital and never looked back! At that time (4 years ago ) there was a $1500.00 cap on what the attorney's could charge for everything except publications and filing fees and those came in under $400.00. If you're interested, just get back with me.
R.

S.,
I am an adoptee and have two siblings that are adoptees. I also an the daughter of a local adoption educator. There are some great resources out there about all the different options in the road to adoption. For reading material, check out perspectivespress.com.

Best of luck to you.

Hi. We adopted our son at birth almost 2 years ago - and it has been a wonderful experience. If you live in Indy area, you can go to adoption support center in Broad Ripple or their website. They have a good overview of the various adoption options - www.adoptionsupportcenter.com and we used a group of of California - www.adoptionnetwork.com and you can get more info from them as well. Feel free to contact me with any other questions. Best of luck

most states want you to be a foster parent first.there are many couples that want babies please consider an older child my brother started out in the foster care system and they adopted a gorgeous young male child whom has some medical problems due to the parents issues mentally.but every day with this child holds its own special challenges but he is loved none the less.most of the time the answer is right under you nose i dont know which state you live in butit breaks my heart to see a lot of family children broken up because someone only wants one child.look at it from many angles pray especially about this never take a decision lightly like this.i know of a lot of good adoptions and some bad adoptions but remember this every child deserves love.K.

1 / 3