6 Weeks Pregnant and Showing

Im 6 weeks pregnant and Im showing. Really showing. Is it normal to look about 3 or 4 months along this early in my pregnancy? I have gained about 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

Well I know that sometimes when you are really slender you can show pretty quick and then sometime in subsequent pregnancies you can as well. With my first I didn't show until like 5 months. With my second I was showing right away! I was asked if I was having twins through my entire pregnancy. My belly just poked straight out with him and with my first he was more in my hips. So it just varies. Congrats!!

LOL! I'm 6 weeks along too and very slim. I seriously look like I"m about 4 months along! I've already got my bella band on none of my regular shirts fit. My dentist asked me if I was a few months along!
My family already knows, and that's a good thing b/c I can't hide it! It's a good thing my facebook friends only see my face until I spill the beans!

no, its no normal... but i am too:(

doesnt it suck, im nine weeks and i swear i look 4 months. this is my 3rd but even with my first i showed right away. i wanted to wait till the 2nd trimester to tell people, but i know they would all be thinking "pregnant or fat". i told my sister the other day and she said "oh, thank god, i saw you get out the car and was thinking you would feel terrible if i said something and you werent".

this pregnancy, i gained about 5 pounds so far but i weighed 126 to start. with the first, i gained 10 lbs by that time but i only started at 107. that was with lots of vomiting too. i gained almost 50lbs total each pregnancy. then my 2 friends sit there and gain like 20, and leave the hospital in their normal jeans.

did you have an ultrasound to check the date. as long as the baby/uterus is the right measurement, they dont care about your stomach. there isnt anything to worry about as long as you are seeing your doctor and all your measurements are good.

good luck

i looked at your profile and see this isnt your first baby... i joke that with my 2nd and 3rd babies i was showing in 10 min. not such a joke though! o well, enjoy it :)

your uterus doesn't peak above your pelvic bone until week 11. Something similar happed to me and I felt I was showing at 8 weeks. That is until I read that what I was experiencing was bowl distention from first trimester constipation. LOL. Eat some prunes!

Everything is normal. I started showing around 8 weeks and asked the same question. My OBGYN assured me that it was not out of the ordinary. I have a short torso so she said there was really no where for my belly to go but out.

It depends on how you are built, T.. I showed at 12 weeks, and by the time I was 16 weeks along, my husband asked the doctor if I was having twins, I was so big compared to what he had seen in other women at that point. The doctor told him I was built that way - my uterus is very forward in my body. Oh yeah, that meant I was huge by the time I got through both of my pregnancies, even with less weight gain in my second. To help you with that, go by what the doctor orders for your diet so that you don't gain more weight than he or she recommends. (Quality versus quantity.) And make sure that you drink as much water as your doctor tells you to, spaced out over the day. The uterus is a smooth muscle tissue; if it becomes dehydrated, it can cause the uterus to contract. If you hold your urine, the bladder pressing against the uterus can also make it contract, causing, yes, contractions. So drink and pee, drink and pee.

Oh, and make sure you take pregnancy vitamins with folic acid to help prevent neural tube defects.

All my best,

it was for me! i hated it! i had someone ask me if I was preggo two days before I knew! and I knew the day i was late bc I was trying! i gained a lot of weight/had a lot of fluid everyone asked me if i was having twins. fun times! your dr will tell you what is okay and what is not but mine said that hey you have a growing baby in you that needs space/food whatever you have to just 'give in'. good luck and CONGRATS!

Is this your first pregnancy? If not, then yes, you could show early. If it's your first pregnancy, you may be having twins. I was showing at six weeks and in maternity pants at eight weeks. Turned out there were two babies in there. Good luck and congrats!

1 / 3