6 Weeks Pregnant and Showing

Im 6 weeks pregnant and Im showing. Really showing. Is it normal to look about 3 or 4 months along this early in my pregnancy? I have gained about 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

Well I know that sometimes when you are really slender you can show pretty quick and then sometime in subsequent pregnancies you can as well. With my first I didn't show until like 5 months. With my second I was showing right away! I was asked if I was having twins through my entire pregnancy. My belly just poked straight out with him and with my first he was more in my hips. So it just varies. Congrats!!

LOL! I'm 6 weeks along too and very slim. I seriously look like I"m about 4 months along! I've already got my bella band on none of my regular shirts fit. My dentist asked me if I was a few months along!
My family already knows, and that's a good thing b/c I can't hide it! It's a good thing my facebook friends only see my face until I spill the beans!

no, its no normal... but i am too:(

doesnt it suck, im nine weeks and i swear i look 4 months. this is my 3rd but even with my first i showed right away. i wanted to wait till the 2nd trimester to tell people, but i know they would all be thinking "pregnant or fat". i told my sister the other day and she said "oh, thank god, i saw you get out the car and was thinking you would feel terrible if i said something and you werent".

this pregnancy, i gained about 5 pounds so far but i weighed 126 to start. with the first, i gained 10 lbs by that time but i only started at 107. that was with lots of vomiting too. i gained almost 50lbs total each pregnancy. then my 2 friends sit there and gain like 20, and leave the hospital in their normal jeans.

did you have an ultrasound to check the date. as long as the baby/uterus is the right measurement, they dont care about your stomach. there isnt anything to worry about as long as you are seeing your doctor and all your measurements are good.

good luck

i looked at your profile and see this isnt your first baby... i joke that with my 2nd and 3rd babies i was showing in 10 min. not such a joke though! o well, enjoy it :)

your uterus doesn't peak above your pelvic bone until week 11. Something similar happed to me and I felt I was showing at 8 weeks. That is until I read that what I was experiencing was bowl distention from first trimester constipation. LOL. Eat some prunes!

Everything is normal. I started showing around 8 weeks and asked the same question. My OBGYN assured me that it was not out of the ordinary. I have a short torso so she said there was really no where for my belly to go but out.

It depends on how you are built, T.. I showed at 12 weeks, and by the time I was 16 weeks along, my husband asked the doctor if I was having twins, I was so big compared to what he had seen in other women at that point. The doctor told him I was built that way - my uterus is very forward in my body. Oh yeah, that meant I was huge by the time I got through both of my pregnancies, even with less weight gain in my second. To help you with that, go by what the doctor orders for your diet so that you don't gain more weight than he or she recommends. (Quality versus quantity.) And make sure that you drink as much water as your doctor tells you to, spaced out over the day. The uterus is a smooth muscle tissue; if it becomes dehydrated, it can cause the uterus to contract. If you hold your urine, the bladder pressing against the uterus can also make it contract, causing, yes, contractions. So drink and pee, drink and pee.

Oh, and make sure you take pregnancy vitamins with folic acid to help prevent neural tube defects.

All my best,

it was for me! i hated it! i had someone ask me if I was preggo two days before I knew! and I knew the day i was late bc I was trying! i gained a lot of weight/had a lot of fluid everyone asked me if i was having twins. fun times! your dr will tell you what is okay and what is not but mine said that hey you have a growing baby in you that needs space/food whatever you have to just 'give in'. good luck and CONGRATS!

Is this your first pregnancy? If not, then yes, you could show early. If it's your first pregnancy, you may be having twins. I was showing at six weeks and in maternity pants at eight weeks. Turned out there were two babies in there. Good luck and congrats!

With my second pregnancy my pant were already getting too tight at this point....during our ultrasound we discovered we were having twins!

I was in maternity pants by 9 weeks with my second child. I'm anywhere between 5 1/2 weeks and possibly 8 weeks right now and cannot button my pants. My husband thinks I'm showing already. I think we have increases in bloating from hormones as well, so yes you are probably showing but it is not necessarily the baby. :) I also found this week that my abs ache a lot when I hold them in--and I hold them in all the time, so I think the effort was just making me really uncomfortable because my body is just ready to show, so I've had to relax them a bit which makes me look even more pregnant.

It can make things hard if you are trying to wait to tell people. I ended up getting a belly band and just started wearing that to work with my slacks to make myself more comfortable. I also gained weight early on with my first two pregnancies but it tapered off at the end and was right in the recommended range. Just keep exercising or walking, drinking water, eating healthy in case some of it is bloating, and enjoy! I couldn't stand waiting to show with my first pregnancy, so I think it is kind of fun showing earlier.

All bodies are different. If your doctor isn't concerned about your weight, I wouldn't be either. Some women just show earlier. Some also put on more weight in the early part of their pregnancies and slow down later. It also might just be bloating. Whoa man was I super bloated w/ my 2nd (current) pregnancy.

Could you be having twins? ;-)

I was only pregnant once, and I started popping out during my 6th week. People were noticing by week 7! I was pretty thin so maybe that's why it was so apparent? I don't know. I don't think it was constipation though.

www.littlebitquirky.blogspot.com

My first pregnancy I didn't show until well into 5 months. (I was narrow front to back, but wide side to side NOT pregnant - and tall at over 6'- AND I was reeeeeally fit, 8pack fit... and so I just kind of thickened all over). The flight surgeon doing the ultrasound was rather horrified by the measurements, assuming ahead of time I was early first trimester instead of late 2nd.

With my son, however, I could feel a distinct bump laying on my stomach (like laying on a racket ball) and see definite rounding / pant fit issues a full month before my first ultrasound. THAT ultrasound placed me at 10-11 weeks. So I was feeling/showing at 5-6 weeks. I also had to switch to track pants week 6, and was in pregnancy clothes by week 8. Our bodies are all different.

I know a couple of women who were showing by 6 weeks...for all of them it was atleast their 2nd pregnancy. I was showing by 4 weeks...but then we had twins :) Don't rule out the possibility that you're having multiples ;)