3 Yo with Headaches?

My 3.5 year old, has told me 2 times in the last 2 weeks that he has a headache, He put his hand a little above his forehad adn said right here......
what would be causing him to have headaches?

Thank you for all your responses!
Ive called my ped and he said to bring him in if he has anohter headache. Also we have scheduled a eye exam just to be sure!!

Could he be imitating anyone? Does he wear sunglasses in the sun? Sometimes I get a headache when I've been in the sun all day. Or dehydration would cause one as well. Poor little guy...good luck!

I agree with all the other suggestions re: thrist, vision etc, but I also know children are wonderful "mimicikers". I never complain to my children when I have a headache because shortly thereafter they have headache as well. The power of suggestion with children is huge.

Make sure he is getting enough water. That will cause headaches.

Hi B., our 3 1/2 yr complained the same way so after a week I took her in and her doctor checked her and it turned out to be she was getting a bad sinus infection.so I would take him in and be checked. you do not want a sinus infection to be untreated. they put her on an antibiotic then she started taking zyrtec and she is a happy girl once again and has not complained about a headache again. good luck but don't wait to long to have him checked.~L. ~

Hi B.:
I have a 3 year old who has never complained of a headache. It is probably nothiing but I would call your sons doctor and let them know and take it from there.
A.

Does he drink plenty of water? Some headaches can stem from dehydration. Just a thought. I know that if I don't drink enough water in a day I will get headaches.

My son was getting headaches when he was using his eyes too much... he needed glasses. Doesn't hurt to give the doctor a call and maybe see an eye doctor!

Growing... heat/dehydration... poor eye sight/straining to see... allergies. My best bet would be allergies... try giving him a little allergy medicine and see if that helps. You might think about having his eyes tested also. And remember that their bodies are just like ours... sometimes we get headaches without knowing why. A little tylenol here or there isn't going to hurt him any more than it hurts us when we have a pain.

Likely nothing, but would definitely run that by his doctor.

1 / 3