9 Year Old Boy Having a Lot of Headaches

My almost 9 year old is having a lot of headaches. I am wondering if other moms have noticed this same thing and if it might be growing pains or something else. I think I will take him to the doctor very soon, but I just hought I would ask anyway.

Thank you all very much. I have thought of these things on other occasions, but not this time. I think sometimes you need others not involved to help see through the cloud and vapors of what I may have caused myself. Or, medical things as well. Thanks very much again. - K. mom

Hello K.,
I wish my mom had taken me to the Doctor when I had headaches,
GO!! GO NOW!!
Good Luck,
I hope sincerely, that he does not have a serious problem,
C. S.

My son is 8 and has a lot of headaches also. He has allergies, and has to wear glasses while doing any work up close. If he doesn't wear his glasses he will get headaches. Have you had his eyes tested? Let me know what the doc says, if you decide to take him. My son does have growing pains, but they are in his legs.

Have you had his eyesight tested? My nephew around the same age complained of constant headaches and not being able to see the chalkboard. he had his eyes tested and it was "eye strain" causing them. Once he got his glasses they went away.

Hi, I don't have a good answer, headaches can come from a number of things. A trip to the DR. could help you discover what the cause could be. It could be from things he eats, stress, etc. I know certain things will give me headaches and they didn't always. Certain drinks, or even too much sugar at certain times of the month. It could be as simple as that. It could also be invironmental. I wouldn't stress to much, but I would check with the DR sometime.

Mother of 5

Maybe try getting his eyes checked out.

You may consider having his eyes checked out. My son was having headaches and that was it!

Starting around 9 or 10 I too started getting headaches that didn't go away until I was 20 or so. I was finally diagnosed with hypoglysiemia witch really only means I have to eat every couple of hours (mainly protien) or I still will get headaches. I don't know if that could be true for your child, but I do know it is difficult to regulate your childs eating habits when they are school age and decide if they are nutritionally recieving all they need to sustain themselves. Diet is almost always to blame for headaches! I am not suggesting you don't feed your child, only that as parents we have no way of knowing if our child is eating well at school or not given enough time to finish lunch,or given enough if any time to eat during breaks or it is possible our children are throwing some of the "embarrasing" foods away. You may see if having your child eat a small snack after school that is well balanced helps out.

A little about me:
I am a 33yr. old mother of 3 beautiful children 15, 13, and 3. I am a health food nut!

Aloha Kathi,

There are definitally many possibilities. But many headaches are caused by lack of water and calcium difficiencies. Eating dairy products does not guarantee calcium absorbency. Actually, the calcium in dairy is not easily absorbed. I give my kids chewable calcium instead. Here's the one they take http://www.shaklee.net/sarahs/product/20126 . Usually, when taking any food supplements or vitamins it is best to take it with food. Calcium is a little different. The body absorbs more calcium during the night which is why we take ours at night. My friend's husband was getting headaches very regularly. Told her to have him switch to bedtime calcium intake. It has been over a month and he hasn't had any more headaches! Amazing how a simple change can make such a difference. With all the stress I have (3 kids, 2 businesses, volunteer, etc.) sometimes I can feel tension headaches coming on. At the onset of the first sympton, which is usually at the end of a super stressful day, I take 2 of my kid's chewable calcium and I am fine. Before doing that the headaches would last a couple of days.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Marie-anne
Children's Health & Wellness Advocate

This can be very scary, I know. You don't want to imagine the worst, but why would a child have headaches at this age? we ask. My son was the same. A visit to the doctor showed he wasn't diabetic, or anemic, or worse. So what could be done?Since I try to handle everthing as homeopathically as possible, this was my task at hand. I looked for patterns to his headaches. Time of day, diet, habits, etc. Has he just finished running around or other play? Is he tired when his head hurts? Has he been reading, writing or concentrating on school work? How about watching tv or playing video games?

I found that my son wasn't getting enough fluid to his joints, and because of the growth rate at this age, it was vital. He needed more high oxygen foods, as well. When my kids were very young I started them on vitamins in very low dosage, I found it was time to kick it up a notch. I also introduced liquid minerals. (Peter Gilham's Liquid Vitamins & Minerals.) Our food just doesn't offer enough by itself, unfortunately. My son was also a fidgeter, slightly hyperactive and "antsy," so diversions and outlets were necessary. But his attention span wasn't very long. I noticed this created anxiety in him. He is so smart, but it's how he channels and formulates things that throw him off track. He is actually focusing more intensly on the situation than he shows. Because of this, he "overloads" quicker than other kids. I started sitting down and having more conversation time with my son. Without knowing it, he started to "unload" and "decompress." Anxiety was a BIG issue. We are great parents, but we don't know everything going on in our children's minds. Lastly, I made a calming, c.d. for him to fall asleep to. The tones are comforting and help him sleep sooner and deeper. It helped my other children, as well. I pray all will be well with you and your son.

Check his sugar. We all most lost our boy to high blood sugar.No one knew he had high sugar.When we found out the boy had high blood sugar the Dr said another few hours and he would have passed.

My son used to have terrible headaches. I even let some doctor do surgery on him GRR.
Someone told me about Colodial Silver...it simply kills bad bacteria. It's a ugly brown liquid. I have a bottle of it and a dropper. Put three droppers full down each nostil three times a day for a week. He has never complained of bad headaches again.
Don't do what I did 7 different doctors try this first.

1 / 3