Updated on December 17, 2011
G.R. asks from Frisco, TX
7 answers

I am recently doing contract work vs. a full time job with an employer... any recommendations on an accountant (reasonably priced) that can help me make sure I'm doing everything correctly for tax purposes? Someone who would also be able to help with preparing the taxes when that time comes.


What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Dallas on

My mother is a CPA and she specializes in taxes. Her name is Linda Casey and she is located in Hickory Creek (between Denton & Lewisville). Her number is ###-###-####.

Good Luck!

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Dallas on

I would not go to a tax in a box place to make sure all my paperwork, etc was up to date.

We run our company from home, hubby is also an accountant but we have legal and tax counsel to guide us through any questions.

Do you use Quickbooks? Do you file a 941? Do you invoice? Do you have a tax ID number from IRS?

There is a lot to keep track of and it can be overwhelming. I keep my contacts handy to answer my questions and help me stay on top of things.

I have also had some great guidance from AccountingWorks in Allen, Joy McReynolds. She is a whiz at Quickbooks and knows what you should be doing in order to be prepared for the IRS. We also have a CPA.

True, you don't want to be gouged but you don't want to mess with the IRS. This is not the time to go cheap.


answers from New York on

for inexpensive purposes, I'm sure you could go into a local H&R block or Jackson Hewitt type place. My hubbys an accountant but using a pro CPA firm is more costly than I think is necessary for you.


answers from St. Louis on

Any accountant can do tax, you do not need a CPA. What you are asking for is not complex so shop around to make sure you aren't being taken advantage of.



answers from Dallas on

Hi! I'll toot my own horn....not sure where you are at but I'm in Flower Mound and work from home. As a CPA, I am extremely affordable (working from home allows me to be! and I'm usually a lot less than going to H&R Block), I'm a Dave Ramsey Tax ELP and I love working with my small business owners as well as my self-empoyed business owners! I would love to connect with you and see if I can be of service! You can send me a private message if you would like to communicate further! I would love to help you!



answers from New York on

If you go on the IRS website. Look for schedule C which is what you will need to fill out. That form has many of the items that are deductible for your business. You will need receipts if you are audited.

Just some information to help you be productive while you search for a CPA or an accountant.



answers from Dallas on

Laurie Holgate with Tax RX in Plano. Shouldn't be too far from you. She has been doing my taxes for the last 7 years. She is great and is like family now. :)

1601 N Ave, Plano, TX 75074-6329

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions