Animal Kingdom Lodge because our daughter is younger and we would go to the parks during the day and then go back to the hotel in the afternoon. She would get a nap and then could sit on the balcony and watch the animals on the savanna. Loved it! We always get a villa so we have a washer and dryer in the room and a full size kitchen.
The attractions all depend on the age of the kids. If you want character experiences, you need to book them before you go. We really liked the dinner with Cinderella and her step sisters, the breakfast with Mickey at Ohanna, and the breakfast with Donald at Tusker House.
We really enjoy Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. I can't say the studios park was all that interesting and the breakfast/lunch there with the Disney Jr characters is awful!
Downtown Disney we had my daughter dressed up like a princess. This was overrated! She loved the outfit, but they put make up on my 4 year old and they only have certain hair styles they do that look awful. Best bet is to buy the outfit, put it on, and have the fair godmother at the desk sprinkle her with pixie dust. Much better idea for next time!!!
Loved the night shows at MK! Well worth the stay! Would liked to have seen the one at epcot. You have to make reservations for this show and it is supposed to be spectacular!
There are photographers in the park that will take pictures for you and have special effects and signatures that are really cute. Your best bet for park photopass purchase...
1. Sign up for a Disney Chase visa card
2. Use the card to purchase your trip (6 months no interest)
3. With the points earned for your trip purchase, pre-purchase the Disney Photopass CD (unlimited photos - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/digital-photos.htm)
4. At epcot, you get a special photo op with characters no one else sees
5. Tell all photographers you pre-ordered the CD because they will take extra photos
6. When you get home, make edits to your photos to include special effects like characters and frames
7. order CD with code from pre-purchase
By doing this, I got over 250 photos of our family for $60 that I can print anywhere.
Ok... I could go on and on. If you have specific questions, send me a message. :)