Vics on Feet

I am reading that vics should be put on the feet at bed time. is there a reason i havent heard of it during the day? Please advise

well, i didnt get any responses but i tried it anyway. it was nap time and she was tired but fussy...i pit some vicks on her feet and a pair of socks and literally less then 10 min later she was asleep. its like a wonder remedy! shes still napping w/o any coughs! its been a couple of hrs. first 2 hrs in several days that she's slept all the way thru. I am just utterly amazed.

when you put vics on the bottom of the feet and then socks at night any cold they maybe coming down with is sweated out This has worked for my kids and grandkids. Good luck it does work

I think the only reason is that... during the day you walking and could slip.... and it would also come off on your sox if u had shoes on. I think vix is good for breathing in. If they were sick and laying around I would use it during the day also... www.athomebusiness.myarbonne.com L.

Well awesome! Some things are better learned by trying!!! Hope she is better.

The only reason i know of, is because it opens the pores of your feet, and you could get sick. I have put it on my kids feet at naptime if they have been coughing and then put socks on their feet, and it stops the coughing.

Welcome to Texas!!!

You can use it both during the day and at night. People mostly mention using it at night because they lay their child down, or themselves down, and the cough can get worse, interrupting sleep.

It absorbs better at night becuase they are not walking around and getting it wiped off.

how funny i thought my mother used to lie to me about this....
she said because the heat from our feet makes the vapors stronger...
who knows???? glad it worked.....she used to BATHE us with that junk to make our pores open up and sweat our sickness...
if it was an old wives tale it did the trick.

I'm not sure why putting it on in the daytime hasn't been mentioned, but it really does work! My 9 yr old daughter will start to cough alot in her sleep if she is having sinus problems. She has a sensitive gag reflux to where the coughing and congestion will cause her to vomit. Using this Vics on her feet when she is having problems has been a lifesaver!

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

nighttime vics on feet vics vaporub