Things to Do with a 1 Year Old This Summer?

I live in Oceanside and I was wondering if anyone had some fun, different , activities for a 1 year olds to do over the summer. I'm trying to make a list so we don't go stir crazy in the house!

The beach and parks are always fun (cheap) activities to do with the little ones, but one idea is the YMCA gymnastics center, through the Magdelena YMCA, Encinitas. For an hour a day (mornings) you can take your son to their gym in Carlsbad (between Palomar Airport Rd. & Poinsettia). Its $5 for non-members, but my son loves it. They can run and jump and climb, there is a foam pit to jump into, trampolines and the padded mat for them to play on. It is also nice because the average age is 1-3, the oldest being 5.
~Good luck!

Hi, i have been looking into the same thing, summer fun. Pick up a calendar from the library, they have some fun stuff. You could visit different parks and have pic nics, there is always the beach, first Tues of every month Quail Gardens in Encinitas is free. They have a moms group called Oceanside Explorers, i have not yet had the the chance to participate, but they have something going on every day!

I'll be back there in August. Also in O'Side. I'm planning on joining some play groups. I would love to get our boys together to play too. Our son will be one in August.

Have you tried looking at Meetup.com at playgroups. I am in Oceanside Little Explorers. Its free and you can come hang out one day a week or everyday whatever you want. You also get some mom time and you and your 1 year old will get out of the house.

1 / 3