North County Consignment Store for Kids Clothes and Gear

My son grows so fast, he's only 7months and wears 18month clothes!!! I can't keep up $$$ with his new wardrobe every month. Do any of you ladies know where I can find a good children's consignment store in the North County? Also, we're expecting #2 so I'll need a double stroller and would really prefer not to spend $300+ for it. TIA

Thank you ladies! I will have to try all of these out! Hopefully it will me some $$$

Wal mart is where I bought my double stroller it is called the "take me too" here it is take a look. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4875446
I loved that it was low in the middle so I did not have to keep picking up my son when he wanted to ride. It lasted 3 yr before we had to get rid of it. I also buy ahead as far as clothing goes. Like I have my daughters night clothes for winter later this year I buy from the clearence racks.His growing will slow and you will not have to buy so many new outfits. Hope i helped Krissy

Hi K.-- I've been to one in Poway in Midland Road and it's very cute. You can sign up on a list if there's something you are looking for and they'll call if you if they get it in.

there is a store in oceanside called once upon a child. i don't think its consignment but it is discount on gently used goods

Try a site called GumdropSwap (http://gumdropswap.com). You can swap from anywhere in the US by sending the clothes your kids outgrow to this kids boutique in CT. An option if you want to get some value out of all the money you spent instead of flat out donating. As long your things are in good condition they don't turn down anything because of brand, size or season. They take everything unlike resale store like Once Upon a Child! They give you points to shop on the website and send the clothes that fit your kids. It's great if you don't have time, patience or know how to do consignment, Ebay, craigslist, tag sale, etc.

there's a consignment store in newport called "newport kids upscale resale" and there's also a sale that happens every season in orange the website with all the info. is ockidsconsignment.com and craigslist is also a great place to find used baby stuff for great bargains. thats all im aware of.
good luck (:

Hi K., there is an upscale resale kids clothing store in Encinitas. It is called La Costa kids. She only sells name brand stuff. It is on El Camino Real. The address is:

364 N El Camino Real
(between Crest Dr & La Gran Ave)
Encinitas, CA 92024
###-###-####

Happy shopping~D.

La Costa Kids on El Camino Real in Encinitas (across from Michaels)
And Double Take Kids in Solana Beach. Just north of Via De La Valle on Hwy 101. 731 South Highway 101, Solana Beach, CA ###-###-####

I sell all my stuff (and maternity) to them, they are great, but it must be name brand, Gap, sometimes Old Navy flies, Gymboree, Nordstrom stuff, etc. For example...Carters or Taget.
La Costa Kids usually has double strollers too, and she will trade. You get more for trade than for cash too.
I would also check Craigslist for a stroller if you don't mind used.
The Scripps Parent Connection should have their baby swap meet coming up soon as well.

Try

Children's Orchard ‎Address:
Rated 5.0 out of 1 of 1
635 S Rancho Santa Fe Rd
San Marcos, CA 92078

Get Directions
###-###-####
- childorch.com

*I love this place, and they are meticulous on cleaning and are quite picky on their stuff. They have old stuff they bought before that haven't sold since they opened (we all have bad buys) but beside thats junk its all gold! I got a pair of children's place jeans like NEW for $5.99 and a great NEW shirt for $2.99! And a formal dress that retails for $60.00 for $7.99. So Just an idea. I mean 1/2 my kids stuff is used so I can buy both girls NEW toys, clothes, books, etc.

Or

Once Upon A Child ‎Address:
Rated 3.5 out of 5 11 reviews
2455 Vista Way # K
Oceanside, CA 92054

Get Directions
###-###-####
- ouac.com

*What ever you get here no matter how nice, CLEAN IT! They have a bad rep they never clean stuff like they are supposed to and a few people have had issues even head lice. So just be careful!

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bab/

*Beware of bad people, flakes, and junk! But sometimes a gold mine. :)

This is all I know of other then a thrift store on san marcos blvd by the san diego credit union and neat the cheap glasses lens place hidden over in that shopping center also with a asain market. I hear its great, funky hours but worth it! Some nice stuff for dirt cheap.

And I shop salvation army when I am near one and good will. Just while I am out if I happen by one.

Congrats on #2! I live in Carlsbad and go to La Costa Kids in Encinitas. They have really good quality clothes at excellent prices. They also have a lot of baby gear, but I haven't really looked at the quality since I only go there for clothes for my 2 yr. old.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-costa-kids-encinitas

:) A. B.

1 / 3