The Best Medicaid Plan in Central Florida

Can anyone tell me what they like or dislike about their medicaid plan? I have heard some not nice things about citrus caid and I am just trying not to get stuck in a plan that is really bad.

Thank you for your information. I am going to call the pediatrician to see if they take staywell.

When my son was on medicaid we used staywell. I recommend that one as most doctors accept it.

Please don't get on staywell. They don't pay their docs and it's hard to find anyone who will take them. I have healthease. You can go to private docs plus get 25 dollars a month in over the counter items. (you call order it and it's delivered in the reg. mail). I hope this helps.

Hi! I live in citrus county and have medicaid.. What you have probably heard is about Healthease which is one of the kinds of medicaid..ALOT of places do not take it around here and therefore you're kind of up a creek..At my OB/GYN they even have a sign up saying they do not accept it. Hope that helps...

I have Staywell for my daughter and stepdaughter. Her pediatrician recommended it and all of my neices are on it. If your county offers Wellcare/Staywell, I highly recommend it.

Dear S.,
The first hand/only experience that I had with Medicaid was in the Brandon Area. The Doctors office was crowded, dirty, and the wait was long...we put our granddaughter into TriCare immediately after that experience. It was a well baby appointment, but I was relieved to repeat it with what became my Pediatrician. It is my opinion that it is mediocre at best, but at least you can get medicine and your questions answered when you really have a sick child. Good luck!

1 / 3