Thanksgiving Recipes - Sandy,UT

I am having a Thanksgiving dinner at my house for co-workers and friends that don't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving. I want it to be lots of fun with wonderful food. Does anyone have any good recipes that I can try? Thanks.

when I did this, I made it a potluck. I cooked the bird, and everyone else brought their favorite side dish. It was fantastic!

Last year, I had one of the yummiest derserts ever. You get a big can of pumpkin (just the pumpkin, not the pumpkin pie filling), you make the recipe on the back for pumpkin pie, but when it says to use 2 cans of evaporated milk, you only use 1. You pour that into a 13 x 9 pan, and then you pour a white cake mix on top (just the mix, don't mix it up), then slice a stick of butter into many slices, and lay that on the top. Bake it at 350 until it's nice and brown, about 30 minutes. If you have ever has a dutch oven cobbler, it is very similar to this. It's just a really yummy spin on pumpkin pie, and it is so buttery and sweet.

Hello G K,

What a wonderful gesture! This is what the holidays are all about :)

One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving... and especially because of the dessert!!!

This is a recipe I like from allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Cake-Roll/Detail.aspx

If your looking for dinner items some funy things are yams with marshmellows on top, stuffed mushrooms, broccili and cheese casserole. If you need a recipe I'd be happy to share!

Good Luck making your holiday special...

go to www.allrecipes.com, this is my favorite site. I tried one last year that you stuff with apples and brine overnight, it turned out amazing and so juicy..

here is the recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Perfect-Turkey/Detail.aspx

Have a wonderful turkey day!

I have a great recipe for a double layer pumpkin pie! the ingredients are..1)ready crust graham cracker pie crust 6oz 1)12oz cream cheese softened 1)Tsp.milk 1)Tbsp. sugar 1)cup cold milk 1)pkg.(4-serving size)vanilla instant pudding & pie filling 1)can 16oz pumpkin 2)tsp.pumpkin pie spice 1 1/2 cups frozen non dairy whipped cream thawed......Directions 1.)mix cream cheese,1tbsp milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk untill smooth. gently stir in whipped topping spread on bottom of crust. 2.)pour one cup milk into bowl. add pudding mixes . beat with wire whisk 1min (mixture will be thick.) stir in pumpkin and spice with wire wisk untill well mixed. spread over cream cheese layer. 3)refrigerate 4hrs or untill set. garnish with additional whipped cream if desired! refrigerate leftovers! hope you have a geat Thanksgiving!

I just found a fun turkey Cheeseball recipe that I am going to try and make this year:
http://recipes.cookingfor2.com/eRMS/recp.aspx?recid=38181

And my Mother in law always makes an easy Squash Casserole that is always a hit:

1 1/2 lbs yellow squash
1 medium onion chopped
1 stick of butter
1 8 oz sour cream
1 can cream chick soup
1 small pkg herb stuffing mix
I also layer grated cheddar before the dry stuffing mix on top

Saute the onion and squash
Mix all ingredients (1/2 melted butter)

Spread half of the dry stuffing in bottom of 9 x 13 dish coated with pam. Pour in the squash mis. Layer the cheese. Mix remaining stuffing with rest of melted butter. Bake 350 until bubbly and brown
Enjoy!! And Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Lots of ideas! I can't eat grains or dairy so we are shooting for a wide range of great veggie dishes (beyond the green bean casserole) -
acorn squash is a favorite (cut in 1/2 - clean out seeds - then slice off end so it sits in a baking dish)put in each 1 tsp butter, 1 tsp raisins and drizzle with honey bake covered 35 minutes at 375 - yummy! each person gets a 1/2 or can even cut in quarters once done baking- squash is so tender it can pull with a fork!
asparagus - pan fried with butter (olive oil can be used) and capers, and a splash of lemon at the end - if you are not sure about capers - try slivered almonds
I did this one year when I lived away from home, had all my college buddies come to my house (everyone was in small apts or dorms) and each person brought something - really a wonderful holiday memory!!

One of my favorite side dishes is fresh green beans with bacon and onion. All you do is slice the bacon up into bits then cook it. Add some fresh onion and throw in fresh green beans. It was my grandma's recipe and I've always loved it!

Also my trick to a moist turkey is injecting the meat with orange juice and stuffing the carcass with oranges, limes and lemons. Whatever you do dont stuff the carcass with stuffing - it makes for a very ****DRY**** turkey.

Whipped mashed potatoes with cream cheese are also delicious. I've even had them with a packet of hidden valley ranch mixed in.

Have fun!

1 / 3