Textured Bathtub

Does anyone have any ideas how to keep the bottom of my textured bathtub clean. i've tried to use the magic eraser, which gets it somewhat clean but not perfect.

Fill it with bleach water and let it sit for 30 minutes. Drain and scrub with CLR Bathroom. USE GLOVES. It should come out with a brush.

There is a product called Bar Keepers Friend; sold right next to Comet, Ajax etc. It's in a gold container.
Absolutely a miracle worker!!

The gentelman that installed the tub recommended it and now I rarely use anything else

L. F.
Gilbert, AZ

I like Scrubbing Bubbles on my textured tub. I let it sit then rinse it off and it's gone. Fast and easy!

I suggest an all-natural product called Clean and Green. It comes in a concentrate and works really well on everything I have ever used it on. It's totally effective as a cleaner in several dilutions, PLUS it kills ants, but it's completely non-toxic and safe to humans and can be used to wash your kids' toys as well as fresh veggies. You can't buy it in the store though so if you want to try some feel free to contact me and I can give you a web link where you can order it.

There are a lot of people out there with this problem including myself! It seems just as I get it somewhat clean it is dirty 2 days later. Like someone else already recommended I use Soft Scrub with Bleach. I like the spray gel kind it is a blueish color because the smell is not as strong as the original white stuff. I spray it on, scrub it, let it sit, then scrub and rinse. It has worked really well on my tub. Good Luck!

Hi J., there is this stuff called Bar Keeper's Friend. (weird name I know) But it rocks. It's in the cleaning isle at the grocery store in a gold colored shaker can. It actually helps remove rust too. I've used it for the tub though, make sure the tub is wet enough so the powder will turn pasty. Use a scrub brush so you can get into the texture, and scrub it. This should work. :) C..
P.s. of course make sure you rinse the tub really well. :)

Spray cleaner and let it soak. Tub and Tile by Mela. work the best for me. Good luck!

We have one of these tubs too! Try filling the tub with a couple of inches of hot water, so that the entire bottom is submerged slightly. Then, add a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. I don't have an exact measurement for either, but depending on the size of your tub - you'll have to gauge what seems to work best for you. Let it sit for several hours. This should break down any buildup. Before draining, scrub with the solution/water still there.

Best,

I have the same problem with my shower floor. I use the Comet paste that this one lady wrote on here a few weeks ago. The paste is the like finger paint. Leave it on for a hour and then come back and rinse clean. She also said she used a old toothbrush for the mold area. N.

1 / 3