How Do I Clean the Grime from My Tub?

Hello Everyone, I feel sort of silly asking this question, but it has bothered me for a long time now... How in the world do I get rid of the grime from my plastic insert bathtub? I scrub at it with all sorts of cleaners and nothing gets rid of the ring... Please help me! My kids need a clean tub for bubble baths and I need a clean tub to relax in... Thank you for your help!

M.,

What about the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? They work on just about everything else in my house.

Sounds like everyone has some great ideas. I will have to try some of them out.

I use a product called Bon Ami. It doesn't have any scent to it and it is great on plastic or on things that need to not be scratched. Works great for me and I don't have to worry about any nasty smells.

M.,

I didn't read the other responses, but I have a suggestion.. if someone else already suggested, I'm sorry for giving you the same answer more than once.
This is going to sound a little strange.. but I had tried and tried and tried EVERYTHING to clean my kitchen sink. It was terrible! Stained with everything you could imagine. I finally broke down and was about to get a new one and decided one last thing. SO I used the toilet bowl cleaner on it. I had the gel kind with bleach and let it set in there for a while and work it's magic. I tell you I have never seen my kitchen sink soo white and beautiful. I'd give that a shot, but what I have used in the past when cleaning my Mom's tub (she never touches it.. eww) is just some regular comet spray and a magic eraser, and a lot of elbow grease... it usually get the soap scum out if you work at it hard enough...

We always use a mixture of Murphy's Oil Soap and baking soda. We make a spray with the Murphy's and water using a 3 parts water to 1 part Murphy's. Spray that on the ring, sprinkle baking soda, or use a scrubber sponge (Trader Joe's has some good ones that don't scratch) to make it kind of pasty. Spray it with the soap a little more and wait a few minutes.

We have a jetted tub (plastic) and have never had any issues using this method. Plus I like the fact that what washes down the drain is all natural (both products are recommended for cleaning by the King County website for safe water), and I don't have to worry about nasty chemicals getting on my daughter's body when she bathes.

Try the Mr.Clean magic erasers they work wonders....I use them for everything...the floor, stove, counters, bathtub, sink.
It gets everything looking new again. The first time I ever used one I was so excited with the results. Give em a try you'll be glad you did!

I had the same problem for years and tried every available product. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are wonderful!! Also, I just tried the Mega Shower foamer by Scrubbing Bubbles and I am very happy with the results from that product as well.

One of the easiest ways to get grime off is plain old baking soda. Just sprinkle it fairly heavily (or as needed) and scrub with a wet rag. The granules do a lot of the scrubbing for you and it is much safer for you health than all those chemical cleaners. If it needs something a bit more heavy duty, the next step up is washing soda which is like baking soda but the Ph level is different. The granules are bigger too...but still natural. You can find it at most stores in their cleaner section in a yellow box (by arm & hammer I think). I had never heard of it until this year but it's been a fabulous addition to our cleaning repertoire! Great as a detergent booster too...and cheap!

www.hazelaid.com
All natural, organic, handmade hazelwood necklaces for the relief of eczema, acid reflux, and teething pain for babies and their families.

Have you tried Baking Soda? Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and dampen a scrubber and scrub it.

1 / 3