Target Brand Diapers Causing Rash?

I have been using Target's up&up brand diapers on my toddler for some time now without any problems. I opened a new box a few days ago, and noticed a rash at the back of my son, mostly around his waist where the elastic part of the diaper contacts.
I put on some Aloe Vera gel and switched to Pampers, and it seems to have faded away.
Has anyone has a similar experience? Have they made any recent changes to Target diapers?
Maybe it is something else that caused it but I am afraid to go back to Target brand diapers now, and don't know what to do with the remaining diapers in the big box!

My daughter and nephew both got rashes from Targets Up and Up diapers. It didn't happen right away for my little one... just got worse and worse after about 2 weeks of use... and the only thing that cleared it up was going back to Huggies.

My son was not able to wear the Target brand diapers. He also had a rash like you described. He does have sensitive skin. Like the others said-you can try to take them back-but making a donation to a local womens shelter is a great idea too! Good luck!

It's also possible the rash is being caused by the incredibly humid and hot weather we've been having lately. Could have nothing to do with the brand of diapers, especially if you've been using the same brand for some time.

Im a grandmother to my first grand baby. I was babysitting him this weekend and ran out of diapers. My daughter called me and told me to buy the Target brand since that's what she had started using. After the first day I noticed a red mark on the area of the leg band. The next day I noticed he had diaper rash. I have been washing the baby after every diaper change and applying rash cream. It appears on different areas of his bottom. I don't want my daughter to think I was neglecting my precious baby. Then it hit me... I had a feeling it was the Target brand. So I googled it and here I am. I'm not the only one with this concern. Now what do I do with the remaining diapers. I would give them to whoever can use them without reactions to their baby... yes they are pretty diapers but I don't want my baby with this diaper rash... should we contact Target with our concern since we are not the only ones?

I have been using Target brand for a long time and love them. I haven't noticed any rashes however my daughter tends to get rash like marks along the waistband when she's getting too big for the diaper size. However my daughter isn't sensitive at all to any fabrics, lotions, etc so your child may be more likely to react to changes. I would recommend donating any extra diapers to your local women's shelter. They are always in need of diapers of any size. Local teen mom organizations also need diapers as well as many other non profit groups. Just don't throw them away. May sure they go to someone who needs them. Good luck!

A good place to donate the diapers would be a women's shelter.

We used to use Luvs for our baby (who is 6m old) and then when I saw Target had the up&up brand of diapers we switched to that and haven't had any problems with either of them. I love the up&up brand diapers! And they are so inexpensive!

It might have just been an irritant. It could have been caused by the diaper, but it could have been something else too. Now that the rash is cleared up, I'd try them again and see what happens. If you notice the area turning red, then stop using them.

He might have just had and itch and scratched it, which caused the skin to get red and irritated. My daughter used to do it all the time around her waistline.

Target brand diapers caused my 6 month old ENTIRE bottom to be red after using ONE diaper. It looked like she was sunburnt severely everywhere the diaper touched! I took the entire package (minus the one) back to the store and got my money back. Worst reaction I have seen on a baby, EVER.

We love Target brand diapers and have never had a rash from them. Most likely it's a heat rash that would be there from any diaper. Make sure you're not taping the diaper too tight around him and put some A&D ointment and maybe a little corn starch there, fold the diaper band down to let it air out, and it should be fine.

1 / 3