A mushroom of any kind is a fungus, so you will have to treat your yard with a fungus killer. I haven't had the red ones, but a small area of my yard two years ago had another stinky kind of mushroom to suddenly appear. I sprayed RoundUp on them and they died in a couple of days and have never returned. There are better, more natural fungus killers out there, but I do not know the names of those. You can call Ace Hardware or a feed and seed store, or any lawn service company and they will probably be able to better advise you. From everything I've read, though, these mushrooms are very poisonous, even to the touch, so do not handle them. Once they die, they quit stinking and disappear fairly quickly.