Regular Stroller Vs. Jogging Stroller

Whats the difference? I see the obvious difference as far as wheels go but those who have used both what are the benefits on the jogging stroller?

I was one who hated the idea of a bulky jogging stroller. Then, I got one! It is SO easy to push. It glides. It is very comfortable for my son, who hates strollers. He doesn't mind sitting in it, at all. The sun shade is larger and the tray is bigger. A jogging stroller can hold more weight then a traditional, which is why we bought one. I got mine at Target, with a giftcard...but if I remember right, it cost $99 + tax. The wheel can be fixed, or locked.

I used to walk 6 miles at a crack with a regular stroller. It was sort of brutal but I did it anyway. Then I got a jogging stroller. Wow. I will NEVER AGAIN push a regular stroller 6 miles...not even 1 mile. Seriously. I feel like the jogging stroller pushes itself. I love it! We went with the Chariot CX2 (double) and the downfall is that it is SOOO bulky. We can fit it into the back of the van, but it has to be completely empty with the seats down. So we obviously don't take it on trips.

Jogging strollers turn on a dime and are easier to push with one hand vs. your typical Graco. If you are a runner (I am), it's a necessity, especially as your kids get heavier, the jogging stroller is still easier to run and push.

the jogging one is for higher speeds and is more durable. Mine has bike tires that dont pivot (important for high speeds), a quality brake, storage and a remove able rain shield. I love it.

Joggers usually take up a lot more room in your trunk than a regular stroller, but they are usually easier to push and manuver. I have both, and only use my jogging stroller for jogging, or if we are going to a park or somewhere with a little rough terrain.

I have both a Peg Perego and BOB stroller. My Peg was nice when my little G. was an infant (0-6 months), but I LOVE my BOB stroller. My baby G. falls asleep in while we run with the smooth ride and awesome turning ability. Baby Jogger has stroller that's not as wide as the BOB stroller, but still a jogging stroller. So, it's easy to take shopping, but still great for running. I don't think you can go wrong with either BOB or Baby Jogger if you're looking for a stroller to run with. If you're not going to jog/run with it, it might not be worth the money.

For me, comparing a regular stroller to a jogging stroller (in my case a BOB) is like comparing a school bus with all its bumps and jostling to a Cadillac. Our neighborhood has bumpy and cracked sidewalks and the jogging stroller easily navigates them, while the regular stroller had to be coerced over or around them. When used for jogging, the BOB I have has a single front wheel that can be locked in place for near perfect alignment and stability.

Agree with sunny. Our BOB u can push with one hand no problemo. And its a really smooth ride. Cons- in some places its not practical ( tiny stores at the mall ) so you may have to have another option for when you are going to tighter spaces.

1 / 3