Raisins in the Refrigerator?

All of my adult life, I have never known to store raisins in the fridge, so, I've always kept them in the pantry, and they were fine (to my knowledge). Then one day just recently, I read the package, and it says "Keep Refrigerated". Really? So, I started keeping them in the fridge, BUT they all stick together like a solid rock, and it's so frustrating to scoop a few out in the mornings for cereal etc.. I feel like I need a chisel! Lol... So, do you keep the raisins in the fridge? Or in the pantry? Thanks!!

Yeah, I think I'll go back to keeping them in the pantry! Thanks for all the feedback :)

I have always kept mine in the pantry. I never even read the package! When I was growing up they were in the pantry too.

Pantry.

We buy a lot of things in bulk (six kids!), and raisins are no exception. We buy 20 pounds at a time and store them in 5 gallon buckets in the root cellar. I scoop some out into a canister to keep in the pantry upstairs. Never had any trouble with them. All my dried fruit is stored in the root cellar or pantry.

Then again, I keep my mustard on the counter, too. Such a rebel! :)

I don't keep them in the fridge for the same reason! I do see, though, that they become a mass if kept too long, even in the cupboard. I wish Trader Joe's sold half-sized bags. I like raisins for small snacks, but we try to serve fresh fruit first.

Growing up I remember them being in fridge but so was the flour...

When I bought them a few years ago I did keep them in the pantry until I found that a mouse was helping itself...I haven't bought them since :-)

I've always kept them in the pantry. I didn't know that either. I can't stand when someone puts peanut butter in the fridge either. It just changes it. Hasn't hurt any if us yet!

Pantry.

I saw that too and could not bring myself to do it. Mine are in the pantry and we are fine.

No. The "warning" is to keep the lawyers happy.

Good luck to you and yours.

I keep raisins and prunes in the fridge. I just knock the raisins box (or bag if it's a lot and I switch them to a storage bag) on the counter a few times to loosen them. :-)

1 / 3