Pregnancy Loss

I recently lost my pregnancy at 23 weeks. We are having services for our baby this saturday. I haven't really given much thought to it because it's such a sad time right now, but I would like suggestions for remembering my baby or something small I could place with the remians. I want this to be memorable and not forgotten because she was my child. We are planning on getting pregnant again soon and I don't want my baby forgotten in the future.

Now that it has been a while since it all went down, I want to thank you all for your suggestions. I could only use a couple of them. My baby was diagnosed with Bilateral Cystic Dysplastic Kidneys. Her kidneys did not function, no amniotic fluid was produced. Even if I had made it to full term, she would have not lived. I never got pictures taken while I was pregnant. Dr.'s could and would not give me an ultrasound picture. And I was so busy taking care of my two kids and husband, and working full time, I never kept a chart of my pregnancy. We had her cremated and buried with my grandmother. I still haven't brought myself to make a picture or scrapbook because I have nothing. I hadn't even gotten to pick out something special for her before the diagnosis. But I just wanted to say that our preacher said something really great I wanted all of you to know.

He said this:

"I believe that in heaven, God has a rocking chair. And he holds our babies and sings to them in the rocking chair."

This is one of the most beautiful words I have heard in a long time.

Thanks for all your support.
I.

Go to Angel Babies Forever Loved... there are lots of helps/hints and people who can talk and give you suggestions...

http://www.angels4ever.com

~ T.

I.,

It is always a devastating thing to loose a child, no matter when or how.

You could get some sort of an angel, and put her name on it, if you had picked a name out yet.

Also, Hallmark has an angel ornament this year. It is titled "Always Remembered" and says "I am with you because you remember me". You can hang it on your tree every year, or just hang it somewhere all year around. It will keep her alive in your heart because she is your little angel. My son was kidnapped by his father almost a year ago and I am still fighting to get him back. When I saw the ornament I knew I had to have it and I am going to hang it in his room, because he is my angel and I need reminded that a part of him is always with me. I got the last one at my local store, so if you want it, don't wait.

May you and your family be blessed and find a way to ease your pain.

I....I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I, myself, have suffered 4 miscarriages...the longest I had carried was my first one, and that was for 4.5 months. I made a website for her, named her, and I take time to remember her every year. I now have been blessed with twins, a boy and a girl. They are 2.5 years old. I include them in on the memorial as well.

If you ever need to just talk, I'm here for you. my email is ____@____.com

Take care.

I am so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family. My dear friend also suffered a loss similar to yours, she was i believe 32 weeks. What they did for there daughter was had a necklace made with her name, they were able to get a pic as well(not sure what pic they used)
You can also write your little angel a letter to keep with her/him.
Your baby will never be replaced or forgotten!
my prayers are with you and your family

First of all im sorry about the lost of your little angel i can share your fillings because i lost a little angel to i was 35 weeks when he past althought it has been 7 years of that its still hurts and i still remember him like it was yesterday. I think the footprints idea i a very good one in my case it will be very hard to have something that i see and remainde me of my little angel. If you need somebody to talk or just a friend i am here i am sincerely sorry.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I just lost my second pregancy at 12 weeks just 2 weeks ago. The funeral home we worked with recommended going to Things Remembered and getting a small box engraved versus a small urn( we only needed a very small box anyway for one so young).
Also we did not know the sex of the child- but we had a nickname from the beginning so this is what we had engraved on the box. If you did not know the sex either- or use a nickname you oculd always use something like " Our Little Angel", Our Special Child" etc. I hope that helps- and I know that we will both be blessed with other children- God knows our heart's desires. Take care.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.God Bless you always

I am so sorry for you and your families loss. I hope the service was nice. She is with God and that is what would give me comfort.

Hello I., my heart goes out to you...although I have never experienced the loss of a child I want to be supportive. If you have any pictures of yourself pregnant maybe you can frame it and get a special frame with a prayer. Although material memories could always make us feel better, our mental memories are really the things that hold it. You really don't need a token it's in your heart sweety...and that will never be forgotten or taken away. You are in my prayers.

1 / 3