Pregnancy Line

I am 7 weeks postpartum and wondering if the brown line from your naval south disapears? My hasn't even faded. Thanks

Thanks everyone I feel much better. I will just wait it out.

Hello K. E, My son will be 12 months on the 18th of May and I can still see a light line left. I had the same thing with my first son 8 years ago. If I remember correctly, it took a good year or year and 1/2 for mine to totally disappear. Don't worry. It will go away...

Hi, congrats! I think the doctors say to give it 6 months, but mine took a whole year to go away...Ugh!

I think mine took about a year to fade away completely. It seemed like it took a long time, but now it is completely gone.

Mine took forever! I think it was around 6 months. It was SO dark I was not happy. I do have to say I have a faint line still to this day. I guess I look at it and think of my beautiful daughter(:

Hi, Never fear your not alone. When my 3 year old was born I wondered the very same thing, will it disappear already gosh. Now here we are soon to be four years later and viola, it's gone! Just don't ask when it finally did cause I can't even remember.

I don't remember how long it took to go away after my first child, but it didn't seem like that long. But after my second child it took for ever!! I know it was well over 6 months after him for it to be faded but still there!! Don't ask me why it takes so long cause I have no clue!

My line did noty go away for about 3 or 4 months with my first pregnancy. I know have a 2 month old and my line is still there BUT I am sure it will fade away in a few weeks!

mine lasted until my duaghter was 11 months old. i thought it was supposed to be gone quicker than that but it just faded and shortened and finally disappeared.

K.,
My little girl will be one next month and I still see a faint line. I think everyone is different in this arena.

yes, it eventually fades, but i'm 8 months post-partum and it's still there faintly. but i'm pretty fair-skinned, so it shows up really well. it should eventually fade completely.

I'm not sure either, but I'm 14 weeks postpartum, it's started fading, but is still noticeable. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but I think it should eventually disappear.

My baby is 6 mos tomorrow and I can still faintly see mine!

You will actually be able to wash it off eventually. It doesn't really fade. You will just notice when you wash it starts to come off like a fake tan.

Like everyone said it is caused by hormones and will eventually fade. Typically the darker featured you are the worse it is and will take a little longer to fade. Moisturizing could help so do try that and good luck.

It will fade. It just takes time. Hang in there!

I'm always amazed at how many people don't know this...including medical professionals...the linea negra has something to do with B vitamins. I had a profound linea negra with my first child. It had barely gone away when I got pregnant again. Halfway through my 2nd pregnancy I was told by a friend to eat several slices of 100% whole grain bread every day. The line went away within a couple of days (while I was still pregnant!). I have had 5 babies now with no linea negra. Every time I see it starting, I just eat more bread (has to be 100% whole wheat as far as I know...this seems to work better than trying a vitamin pill). I have never had a problem with it again!

I am 10 months postpartum and I also still have a VERY faint line. My friends and I concluded that how long it lasts is due to how long you nurse and/or pregnancy hormones (it doesn't go RIGHT away even when you don't nurse), but my DD has been mostly weaned for 4 months and completely weaned for two now... Good luck, it'll be a while. ;)

It takes timme and yes in a fewmonths it will be completly gone.

Mine went away around 6 months postpartum. It is caused by hormones from pregnancy, and so once your hormones get leveled out and back to "normal", it starts fading.

Yes, that line disappeared but my c-section scar will be there forever!

Hi K.. My line didn't fade until probably 7-8 months after giving birth. This was with both of my daughters. It will go away!
A.

My went away about 9 months later. Exfoliating and lotion helps!

Yes the line will disappear as your hormones level out. I used peroxide on a q-tip to lighten it up but only time will make it disappear.

Hello,

I am 11 months post-partum and my "linea negra" is still visible. It has faded A LOT but I can still see it. Give it time :)

Mine went away. I had three kids. I don't remember how long it took though.

I am 13 weeks postpartum and mine still isn't completely gone. I hear it takes a while.

No worries -- it'll disappear.

Yes it will eventually go away :) I can't remember how long it took though since I had my little one 7 years ago :)
Congrats on your little bundle of joy!!!!!!!