Pregnancy - Denton,TX

Did anyone find that at the begining of their pregnancy they were not hungry at all and when you did eat anything that made it feel like you were going to be sick?

Yes! In fact thats a good indication for me that I'm pregnant! And then the morning sickness kicks and and guess what--that idea that it's being sick in the morning is a MYTH! For me anyway. It was all day long every day feeling like I had the flu for 3 1/2 months. UGH! I always loose a lot of weight the first 3 months instead of gaining because I feel so yucky and everything makes me feel gross. Just hang in there! Remember that this won't last forever and that at the end of it all you will have the sweetest, most wonderful, loving, adorable precious little bundle of joy. One look into those eyes and it will all be worthwhile. Congratulations and best of luck to you!

yep- my last 2 pregnancies were that way. And it lasted off and on the whole time- but I did eat and gain weight(which I am now working on losing) eating fresh fruits and veggies helped me but most of the time just the thought of food made me feel ill. You just have to find something you can stomach and eat in small amounts throughout the day. That's what worked for me. If I tried to eat one big meal it made me feel sick.
God bless!
~C.

welcome to pregnancy! who would have thought that you have to force yourself to eat!! Don't worry it will pass. Get into your 2nd trimester and you should be better.

thats very comon i think is because the hormones ,in my first preganancy i was like that i didn't eat in whole day and even water make me feel sick.

try eat small meals during the day and saltines before each meal

ahh!!! I noticed this entire week that my food-eating-mood had reduced a LOT. my morning sickness has not kicked in yet though.

Firstly congratulations!

I am almost 33 weeks pregnant. When I hit the 8 week mark I had no appetite at all and was also nauseous which made it even worse. Nothing appealed to me. The hard part was that I was visiting my parents for 6 weeks and usually one loves their mother's home cooked meals but I just couldn't eat anything and when I did it was crackers or toast just to keep me going! This lasted for approximately 10 weeks and thereafter my appetite returned to normal.

Try smoothies or juices if you can't eat anything.

I didn't have cravings, I had food aversions. Certain foods (meats and some vegetables, mostly made me gag). Now Slurpees, cupcakes and Nerds were right up my alley! LOL

Yes, for me it was the 1st 6 months of pregnancy with both girls. I didn't gain any weight because of it until my 6th month. I tried Dramamine, ginger, 7-up and Unisom for the Nauseau, but nothing worked. My doctor eventually put me on Zofron, which was amazing and helped me feel almost back to normal. Just keep yourself hydrated and you will be fine.

1 / 3