Pregnancy Nausea (All Day "Morning" Sickness)

I would like to know if anyone has any serious remedies for pregnancy-induced nausea. I am one of those people that get sick all day long for at least 4 months- and this pregnancy I would really like to know if there is anything I can do to relieve it. PLEASE help!!

So What Happened?â„¢

Wow! What great advice- thank you all so much!! I had no idea how common severe nausea during pregnancy is. What we go through for our little ones! I did go to the doctor & have been prescribed Reglan which I am to take 4 times a day. I will see how that goes & hopefully I can stop throwing up. Thanks again- I love this site!

I was terribly sick with my first, so bad that I could not even make it to work without being sick multiple times, sleeping on the bathroom floor at night and carrying baggies with me wherever I went. I had never recieved chiropractic care before my pregnancy but my sister worked for one in Califonia and I was running out of options, so I gave it a try. Within a week I had no more morning sickness( I was sick for 6 months) He adjusted my neck, something called my atlas. When I found out I was pregnant with number 2 I went to see him imediatly and had no morning sickness at all. I am new to wisconsin and I have not seen a chiropracter here but anything is worth a try. I tried all of the supplements, lemon drops. ginger etc and nothing hleped but this. I wish you all the best. and hope you find something to help, it is hard to enjoy being pregnant when you feel so awful.

Hi D.! I am pregnant with my second, and due in April. I have had terrible nausea--all day long, which I did not have with my first. Anyway, something that really helped me--it sounds strange--Ginger Altoids. Ginger has long been used in Eastern medicine for all sorts of stomach problems, including nausea, and the Altoids just really helped. I would suck on them throughout the day, and that, coupled with a glass of really super cold ice water helped a great deal. It didn't totally alleviate the nausea, but I could function like a normal person instead of just laying in bed all day. Hope this brings some relief! I know the feeling!

There is a tea made by Celestial Seasonings called Tummy Mint - it was amazing for my all day "morning sickness". I found it in the health foods section at Cub. Good Luck!

Hi D.,
I know you received a lot of advice on this subject already so hopefully you have already found something that has helped your morning sickness. If not I have a website for you. When my mother had cancer I was directed by a friend to a nutritionist who was able to help her with many simptoms and help her gain strength. I have actually met her and found her to be very intelligent and have continued to seek her advice for other matters and ailments through her website. She has researched many different ailments and illnesses. I know that when I read her page on morning sickness it at least helped to know what caused it - in simple terms not Dr. jargon. Most of her remedies are based on eating healthy so for me they are hard to follow because I am a city girl who grew up on junk food. But I have found that if I at least make the attempt to try what she suggests I see improvement. I have gotten over colds in half the time of my husband with her advice and when it came to morning sickness I had it all day so I knew I had to try something. I was only able to eat the healthy stuff she recommends once a day but it was a major improvement and when I used it for supper or in the evening I found I felt better most of the next day and was able to eat normally during the day too. Here is the website
www.nutritionhelpguide.com/health_concerns/Morning-Sickne...
Good Luck with everything!

I had it worse with this pregnancy and my doctor suggested Vitamin B6. 25mg 4x/day or 50mg 2x/day-- it seemed to help but my nausea was on and off so it was hard to tell. B.

Hi D.,
I had morning sickness until the 6th month. I tried crackers (which works at the beginning, but then I got tired about crackers). I also tried ginger cookies – same thing – work at the beginning….
I tried pops, and they worked ok as well.

For me, the best was that my husband brings me something to our bed (toast with something sweet) before I get up, and then drink lemonade help me too;
Have napkins with a good smell help me too. Some of my friends recommend that I need to breathe; it was helpful to have napkins with good “flavors” to fight with the morning sickness

I also hear that peanut butter helps too (it doesn’t work for me though!)

By the way, I heard that the morning sickness is less dramatic on the 2nd and 3rd pregnancy.

I hope it helps. Good luck and Congratulations!!
R.

I'm pregnant with my 3rd and i was nauseous and vomiting the whole first 4 months. I tried everything. The dr. gave me some Zofran and that didn't even work. I basically lived on saltines and gingerale that whole time and lost about 10lbs. After the 4th month it got better but I had to eat every hour and half or so or I would start getting nauseous again. I'm now in my 8th month and haven't had any morning sickness since about the middle of my 4th month. It all depends on the pregnancy. Each one is different and you just have to try different things until you find what works.

Hey - Its Liz :) Looks like you got some excellent suggestions! I hope this board can be a helpful tool for you !

I had the same feeling the first few months of my pregnancy. I finally asked my nurse and she told me to take vitamin B6 and UNISOM, yes the sleeping pill. I only took the UNISOM at night and half a vitamin at night and half in the mroning. My doctor said I could take half a UNISOM in the morning but it still made me way too tired. I'm not sure why but it really helped. It took the all day nausea felling away. I would check with your doctor just to make sure it is ok for you to take. Good luck.

Hi! I had the same thing, my (horrible first dr) told me to eat ginger in the raw DO NOT DO THAT! My husband made me toast ever morning before I would get out of bed and that helped. Also eating toast or crackers all day helped. I wish there was a cure! I know how you feel!

1 / 3