Persistent Fever and Red Spots on Face

Hi Mamas,

My 3yr old ds has had a fever since Friday morning, and today started to have small red spots on his face. I took him to the dr. on Friday and his ears and throat are fine, so the dr. thought it is viral. My ds didn't have red spots then, as they just started showing today.

The red spots are small, like baby acne, to lg. like mosquito bites with no swelling, and they are around his mouth, nose, a few on his cheeks, and one on his ear. It doesn't look like hives.

Does anyone know what this might be??

I will call the dr. tomorrow morning and see what they say...

TIA,

I called the doctor's office this morning and the dr. said to fill the Rx that he gave me on Friday (when I first took him the day he woke up with a high fever) since he is still running a fever and he didn't know what is causing or what the red spots are from. So I got his Rx already and we'll see what happens. Right now he is taking a good nap. :-)

Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate it!

Hi M., just to let you know, my daughter is 7. She started with a fever on Fiday afternoon and by the night time she also had red spots on her legs, ankles, and some on her hands. I gave her Tylenol for the fever and and antioxidants for her immune system and called the Dr. He said as long as it doesn't spread and the fever goes down it would probably be viral. I took her to the Dr. Monday for precaution and good news. She had no infection, so she didn't need antibiotics. It was viral. I am into herbal prevention, I give my kids antioxidants and children's multivitamins daily to get their immune system as strong as possible. It helps!! They even ask for them. Hope this helps.
G.

my daughter at one point had high fever with ended with a rash kind of like that. The doctor told me when I brought her in that it was just a sign that the virus was ending.

Could be Roseola, my daughter (10 mths) had it 2 weeks ago... very high fever 103-104 for 3-4 days with no other symptoms. She did break out in a rash on the last day, although her rash was mainly on her back, stomach and neck. Some kiddos get a rash after a high fever, so may just be that. Hope this eases some anxiety!

G.

could be fifth disease. check it out.

chicken pox? ask your doctor.

Sounds like Chicken Pox.

roseola?

but then, that usually manifests w/a high fever first, nothing else ... THEN red spots later ... and it's viral.

What you described sounds like hand, foot and mouth disease. When my sons have had it, it's been mostly on their feet. It can also be inside a kids mouth/throat. I don't think there is anything that can be done except to treat the symptoms.

I hope your little one is better soon.

Kind of sounds like Roseola to me. Both my kids have gotten it many times. But there is so much going around right now to be sure. Call you doc back and see.

1 / 3