Period 4 Days Late, Negative Pregnancy Tests

My husband and I are trying for our second child and I am currently 4 days late (I am almost never late on a 28 day cycle). I took a pregnancy test when I was one day late and then another yesterday. Both came back negative (two different brands). Curious if others have experienced something similar and if so, what was the outcome and also did anyone contact their dr. for a blood test and how late were you when you did so?

Thanking in advance….

I took a pregnancy test when I was a few days late and I really was pregnant. I didn't get a positive test until I think 4 days later. I would suggest waiting a few days and taking another before you call the doctor.

L.,
Last summer I was late for my period, which never happens. I thought it was due to stress. All 3 tests I took were negative and now I have a gorgeous 4 month old daughter! My OB confirmed it at my yearly exam. Congrats!

Hi - I had a similar situation when I was pregnant. I am always 28 days, and then that month I was late and had negative tests until the 5th or 6th day. Keep checking, this month just might be different! Best of luck!

L.,

I took a test almost 4 weeks later (day before our wedding) came up negative, we went on our honeymoon (had problems getting pregnant so didn't think it was anything but not ovulating) went to Disney, went on all of the rides. Found out a month later that I was indeed pregnant, so I would give it time. Good Luck.

Pregnancy tests can be accurate before you even miss you period, but I always had to wait a couple of weeks to get a positive urine pregnancy test. They are not all created equal though- I think Clear Blue Easy is supposed to be one of the most senstive (and therefore accurate early on).

Were you charting your cycles? Your period will generally come 14 days after you ovulate (unless you have hormonal problems) so if you are sure when you ovulate you can be sure when you are actually "late." Like for instance we are trying to get pregnant and I know I ovulated on day 17 this month (very late for me!) so I won't expect my period until day 31 when I usually see day 27 or 28.

Generally it's said that a positive is a postitive and a negative is not conclusive.

Best wishes!

I would wait longer. Especially when you are trying for a baby, your body seems to play little tricks on you. You can actually make your body think you are pregnant when in fact you aren't.

My tests don't usually register positive until I'm a week late.

pregnancy tests don't work that quickly. you need to wait a couple of weeks to get an accurate result. your doctor's office would probably tell you to wait too. try another test in a week or so and see what result you get.
I remember getting a false negative also... but then around 5 weeks I did another test and it was positive...

1 / 3