8 Days Late on Period but Pregnancy Tests Say Negative!

My husband and I have decided to try for our 3rd and last child. I had my IUD removed in November and calculated my ovulation time according to the doctors advice and an ovulation calendar. We did what we needed to do :) and I am now 8 days late with my period. I have had some pregnancy symptoms but all 3 tests I've taken show a negative. My question is... have any of you other women gotten a negative result on a pregnancy test but were actually pregnant?

Thanks for all the great advice! I went to the dr today for a blood test and it was negative. I'm sad but also relieved just to know absolutely for sure!

My mom did when she was pregnant with me, she told me that the "stick" tests would show neg. but if the were to do a blood test it would show pos. she said that would happen all through the pregnancy. So maybe you should ask your doc. for the blood test since they are 100% accurate.

Yes! I was almost 2 weeks late and had taken 2 over-the-counter urine pregnancy tests and one from the hospital and all came out negative. I was going out of town for a work confrence and the boss always pays for us to go out the last night for some drinks so I really HAD to know if I was pg or not. I called the doctor to do a blood test and sure enough it was positive. The second time around I didn't even waste my money on the urine tests. I went straight to the blood test and was much more confident. Good luck!

Hey JA. YES! I took two pregnancy tests about a week after I was late. Both were negative. I was still sick in the mornings so I thought I had the flu. Went to the dr about a week later and found out the news! So, I'd reccomend going to your dr if you really believe you are pregnant! Good luck!

Merry Christmas J A,
I am a mother of 4....3 boys and 1 girl. Answer to your question, yes, my third child was a victim of the negative sign. I too just knew that I was expecting, but the test said otherwise. I repeated the test a wk later and it confirmed what I had already knew. My doctor explained to me that my body might not have been giving off enough of the pregency hormone to effect the pregency test. So my advice would be to wait another week and repeat the test and see what results you get then. You could always go to your doctor and have them do a blood test and that will give you more accurate results. Good Luck, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I did with my first son, I had my period for three months and the pregnancy tests kept coming back negative, but I knew I was pregnant. I just had the feeling. Needless to say I was pregnant and I was almost 3 1/2 months along when I found out. So I don't really trust the test that much. I would try again in about a week.

With my daugther I was 2 weeks late and the test said negative. I called my doc and he recommended a blood test. It was positive. The very best bet is to see a doc for a blood test. Good luck and baby dust to you.

Hey! With my son, I took 3 pregnancies tests, and all of them were negative. I asked the doctor about a blood test, but he suggested first morning urine. I tried that and waited 5 mins and it was still negative. I came back to test about 2 hours later, and it was showing positive. I would suggest using first morning urine, if that doesn't come back positive ask about a blood test. Good luck!!!

All good advice, however, don't come back to the pg test after the time alloted in the instructions. After that point, it will more than likley read a false positive if you didn't recieve one before. It is simply the test strip showing through. Go see your doc. Good luck :)

1 / 3