Opposite Siblings Bath Together?

my son is 5, daughter is 2.5.
at what pt should they not bath together?

Its fine to me.

My kids are 8 and 4. They bathe/shower together sometimes.
When my eldest, my Daughter, says she does not want to, we don't. Or when she gets more into privacy, per bathing, then we will honor that.

I think they'll be fine for quite awhile--- they're kids and nothing about taking baths together is sexual. To them, they're probably just having a blast. You'll know when it's time and until then don't stress. Enjoy the chaos of bathtime!!!

My kids are 6 (boy) and 2.5 (girl) and they still bathe together. They have a ball playing in the tub I can't imagine taking that away from them at this point. When the little one has reached over and whacked brother's privates we used that as a time to discuss privates and who is and isn't allowed to touch. It's a non-issue during our bath time 99 % of the time.

The answer I have read/heard and that makes sense to me is they should stop when one (I imagine with the age diff it would be your older) wants to. I understand that somewhere from ages 6-9 most kids develop a sense of modesty. Mine are 2.5 and 4.5 and love taking a bath together, I plan on letting them until one doesn't want to anymore.

As long as there is someone (an adult) there supervising, and you are all comfortable with it. It all depends on the family, and your views on modesty.

My sons are 10 and 7...and I still run around the house naked if I need a towel or something (no biggie)...A post not too long ago said one dad refused to let his young daughters run around the house in anything less than fully dressed.

It is whatever you are comfortable with...and don't let ANYONE tell you differently! As long as nobody is hitting puberty or staring too long...who cares?

PS: One mom on a very similair issue (might have been PageM) had a funny story as her answer: Her 16 year old son barged into her room while she was dressing...Screamed "What the F&*( " ...and ran out...which sort of gave her the clue it was no longer appropriate. Still laughing at that one!!!

When you feel like it's time.

My kids are now almost 8 (boy) & 4 (girl). They stopped about 1 1/2 years or so ago. I always said that they would stop when the curiosity got to be too much. It stopped before that. They were making WAY too big a mess together. LOL Every once in awhile, I'll let them, but it's rare now.

It's all about your comfort level & theirs.

Its fine to me.

Whenever someone sets up a video camera to tape them for fun or one of them says they don't want to anymore or puberty hits for the oldest, whichever comes first.

1 / 3