Opposite Siblings Bath Together?

my son is 5, daughter is 2.5.
at what pt should they not bath together?

Its fine to me.

My kids are 8 and 4. They bathe/shower together sometimes.
When my eldest, my Daughter, says she does not want to, we don't. Or when she gets more into privacy, per bathing, then we will honor that.

I think they'll be fine for quite awhile--- they're kids and nothing about taking baths together is sexual. To them, they're probably just having a blast. You'll know when it's time and until then don't stress. Enjoy the chaos of bathtime!!!

My kids are 6 (boy) and 2.5 (girl) and they still bathe together. They have a ball playing in the tub I can't imagine taking that away from them at this point. When the little one has reached over and whacked brother's privates we used that as a time to discuss privates and who is and isn't allowed to touch. It's a non-issue during our bath time 99 % of the time.

The answer I have read/heard and that makes sense to me is they should stop when one (I imagine with the age diff it would be your older) wants to. I understand that somewhere from ages 6-9 most kids develop a sense of modesty. Mine are 2.5 and 4.5 and love taking a bath together, I plan on letting them until one doesn't want to anymore.

As long as there is someone (an adult) there supervising, and you are all comfortable with it. It all depends on the family, and your views on modesty.

My sons are 10 and 7...and I still run around the house naked if I need a towel or something (no biggie)...A post not too long ago said one dad refused to let his young daughters run around the house in anything less than fully dressed.

It is whatever you are comfortable with...and don't let ANYONE tell you differently! As long as nobody is hitting puberty or staring too long...who cares?

PS: One mom on a very similair issue (might have been PageM) had a funny story as her answer: Her 16 year old son barged into her room while she was dressing...Screamed "What the F&*( " ...and ran out...which sort of gave her the clue it was no longer appropriate. Still laughing at that one!!!

When you feel like it's time.

My kids are now almost 8 (boy) & 4 (girl). They stopped about 1 1/2 years or so ago. I always said that they would stop when the curiosity got to be too much. It stopped before that. They were making WAY too big a mess together. LOL Every once in awhile, I'll let them, but it's rare now.

It's all about your comfort level & theirs.

Its fine to me.

Whenever someone sets up a video camera to tape them for fun or one of them says they don't want to anymore or puberty hits for the oldest, whichever comes first.

This is very personal. Only you know the answer to that question.

~My kids are 7 (boy), 5 (boy), & 3 (girl) and while they mostly bathe by themselves, occasionally any 2 or even all 3 of them still bathe together and we are fine with it....they are siblings and we have yet to see anything inappropriate take place. I always listen and pay attention and have heard exactly when each of them became aware of the 'differences' in their respective bodies and it has been nothing more than 'hey! You don't look like me' kind of statements and then they are moving on to the bubbles or the water paints...no biggie!

We also have a pretty open house as far as nakedness goes...my kids are known to barge into the bathroom and tell each other to "hurry up, I have to pee too" and also get dressed in front of each other...they barge in on me and hubby and just recently I have been the one to start covering up in front of my kids, only because my oldest are boys and it makes me feel weird, as far as I can see the oldest hasn't noticed yet but I am hoping to spare him the everlasting memory of seeing his mommy's naked body :)

I think that's up to you, and to the curious natures (or lack thereof) of your kids. I remember bathing with my little sister until I was around 9 or so.

I really think there is no right or wrong answer to this question. I have a 6 year old boy, 3 year old girl and 2 year old boy, they are usually all thrown in there at once and none of them have had an issues with it. If/when they start to have their own difficulties I think it will stop. For now though we are all pretty open with each other so they are not uncomfortable. I still can't go to the bathroom without an audience!

My daughter is 7 and my son is 4 1/2. They bathed together until she was almost 6yrs old. It stopped b/c she hit a point where she insisted that she wanted to start taking showers. So, we bought a clear shower curtain and I would sit in front of her and guide her thru washing her super long hair all by herself. She hasn't taken a bath since. LOL So, I think it's safe to say that you're good until one of the kiddos decides they are "too big" for baths. But, as long as everyone is happy and comfortable, I'd say it's no big deal. =0)

My kids are 5 year old girl and a 3 year old boy and they still take a bath together. I think I could let it go for another year or two.

I'd say now. My kids are 2 yrs apart and we stopped bathing them together before they were 4 and 2. They are a boy and a girl - perhaps I would've let it go longer if they were same sex??

I still remember the day I quit bathing with my brother--the day he pooped in the tub and I was old enough to know what was going on :)!

personally i think your son is too old to be bathing with his younger sister now. i think at age 2.5 is the OLDEST the oldest siblingshould be bathing with a younger opposite sex sibling

My daughter was 7 and my son was 5 when we stopped having them bathe together. They started giggling when they would see each other naked so without much attention I just said it was about time for them to start taking baths separately. They were fine with it. My daughter started showering soon after anyway. Of course my MIL, who has to go against everything I decide all the time, had to be reminded several times that they no longer bathe together. She didn't change until my daughter told her she is much too old for that and needs her privacy.