Taking a Bath Together?

I recently discovered that it is much easier to get my two kids to bed by myself if I give them their bath together. My daughter is 28 months old and my son is 10 months old. Since they are the opposite sex, at what age do you think I should stop doing this? Just curious if anyone else does this and when to stop.

Thanks for all the positive responses. I knew a lot of others did the same thing as me, but as I said, just wasn't sure at what age to stop. I plan to continue until one objects or too much curiosity develops.

I have a 4 1/2 year old boy, a 3 year old girl and a 1 year old boy....They all go in the tub together. Occassionaly my oldest will want to shower but then the younger two are still in the tub together. I am right with you about it being easy to get it done at once. I am thinking of having the oldest be on his own around 5, but so far there have been no signs of anything innapropriate and he loves helping wash his little brother.

I have a daughter (age 3.5) and a son (age 5.5.). It was so nice being able to give them a bath together. When my son turned 5 my husband and I decided to start giving them separate baths. Now they each get a bath on opposite nights.

I wouldn't really worry about separating them until age 5, unless one asks to get a bath by themselves.

L. S.

Hi A. -

I bathed both of my children a boy and a girl together until just recently they are 4 and 6 now and my biggest issue became that they just got to big to share the tub, now I read to one while the other is in the tub, as the bathroom is right in the bedroom this works very well. After many years of psychology class I have learned that the more relaxed we as parents are about this type of stuff the less of an issue it is for our children, so the bottom line is go with what you feel comfortable with.
Good luck with bedtime!

R. R

I have 2 girls, 1 boy, and 1 boy on the way. My children go...girl, boy, girl, boy. My oldest set are 14 mos apart. I have always bathed them together. My oldest daughter is now 4 and I just stopped bathing her & her brother together, just in case. Now that she is of preschool age, I am trying to teach her to make sure she is clothed when males are around. At the age of your children, I would say that you have plenty of time to bathe them together. Good luck & God bless!

I think I was 4 when my Mom stopped bathing me with my older brother who is 22 months older than me, so he would have been 6. I never bathed with my younger brother who is 4 1/2 years younger. My boys bathe together more than half the time, they are 5 and 2.

The older child will let you know when they want to bathe by them self my grandson who is 6 yrs old told his mother and me that he wants to start taking a bath by them self. (granddaughter is 4yrs old) Hope this helps. Good luck

My daughter is 6 and my son will be 5 next month and they still bathe together most of the time. Occassionally one will want a bath alone and that's ok. They also share a room. I plan on letting them continue to share a room and bathe together as long as they are comfortable and not getting overly interested in the others private area or puberty which ever comes first.
P.

My pediatrician says when they begin noticing differences, around three.

Hi!
I still bathe mine together. Mine are age 3 and almost 2... I dont see a problem with it when their this little, I'd say stop once their like 4 & 5, or maybe 3 & 4? Anyone else have any advice on this?

I completely agree! It is easier to give them baths together. My son is 22mo and my daughter will be 6 this summer. They still take baths together. She still sees him as the baby so she doesn't think anything of taking a bath with her baby brother. I am not sure how much longer we will do this but as long as she is comfortable- that is what is important. I am sure one day she will need her privacy and that is when things will change. Until then...keep bathing them together- we need a few things to be easier!! :)

Mine are 3 and 22 months and its still fine. I think they will be fine for a few years at least. I will probably bathe mine together until they are at least 5 or 6. Its fine until they start to explore each others parts then its time to seperate them. I think there is a law that states at which age they can no longer share a room...you can always go by that age.

I have a 6 year old daughter (turns 7 in 2 wks), and two boys, 4 yrs and 2yrs. My daughter takes a bath alone when she feels like it, but often ends up in the tub with the boys because that's where the fun is. I agree with the other posts that as long as everyone is comfortable, and no one is overly interested in body parts, it's fine to bathe the opposite sex siblings together. While we don't run around naked, my kids see both my husband and I nude from time to time (like when all three kids feel the need to visit with me when I shower). I usually try to discretely grab something to cover up, but try to act as naturally as possible. I don't want to draw too much attention. Of course, my kids have been told that they aren't supposed to be naked around the opposite sex if they're not family. When my daughter has company over, the boys know the girls are not to be disturbed in the bathroom for any reason. They all abide by the rules, so I'm thinking it's okay =)
I think you'll know when it's no longer appropriate.

My little girl will be 3 in may and my little boy will be 7 months. I think that what you do is up 2 you. It is sad to say but the world these days makes mothers seconed guess everything they do. Is it ok will i get in trouble am i hurting them by doing this. If your children have no complaints then why not make it easy on you. Mine take baths together and my little girl just looks at him like the little brother for now so i have no worries. Do what makes your comfortable, not what other people think is right for you.
A.

Giving your children a bath is a time for you to spend with each alone.

It may be easier to bath both at the same time, but the object of bathing your children is not just to get them clean.

It is a special time for you to geth to know each child better.

I recommend that you stop now.

Get involved with a parent support group.

http://sahm.meetup.com

Good luck. D.