Taking a Bath Together?

I recently discovered that it is much easier to get my two kids to bed by myself if I give them their bath together. My daughter is 28 months old and my son is 10 months old. Since they are the opposite sex, at what age do you think I should stop doing this? Just curious if anyone else does this and when to stop.

Thanks for all the positive responses. I knew a lot of others did the same thing as me, but as I said, just wasn't sure at what age to stop. I plan to continue until one objects or too much curiosity develops.

I have a 4 1/2 year old boy, a 3 year old girl and a 1 year old boy....They all go in the tub together. Occassionaly my oldest will want to shower but then the younger two are still in the tub together. I am right with you about it being easy to get it done at once. I am thinking of having the oldest be on his own around 5, but so far there have been no signs of anything innapropriate and he loves helping wash his little brother.

I have a daughter (age 3.5) and a son (age 5.5.). It was so nice being able to give them a bath together. When my son turned 5 my husband and I decided to start giving them separate baths. Now they each get a bath on opposite nights.

I wouldn't really worry about separating them until age 5, unless one asks to get a bath by themselves.

L. S.

Hi A. -

I bathed both of my children a boy and a girl together until just recently they are 4 and 6 now and my biggest issue became that they just got to big to share the tub, now I read to one while the other is in the tub, as the bathroom is right in the bedroom this works very well. After many years of psychology class I have learned that the more relaxed we as parents are about this type of stuff the less of an issue it is for our children, so the bottom line is go with what you feel comfortable with.
Good luck with bedtime!

R. R

I have 2 girls, 1 boy, and 1 boy on the way. My children go...girl, boy, girl, boy. My oldest set are 14 mos apart. I have always bathed them together. My oldest daughter is now 4 and I just stopped bathing her & her brother together, just in case. Now that she is of preschool age, I am trying to teach her to make sure she is clothed when males are around. At the age of your children, I would say that you have plenty of time to bathe them together. Good luck & God bless!

I think I was 4 when my Mom stopped bathing me with my older brother who is 22 months older than me, so he would have been 6. I never bathed with my younger brother who is 4 1/2 years younger. My boys bathe together more than half the time, they are 5 and 2.

The older child will let you know when they want to bathe by them self my grandson who is 6 yrs old told his mother and me that he wants to start taking a bath by them self. (granddaughter is 4yrs old) Hope this helps. Good luck

My daughter is 6 and my son will be 5 next month and they still bathe together most of the time. Occassionally one will want a bath alone and that's ok. They also share a room. I plan on letting them continue to share a room and bathe together as long as they are comfortable and not getting overly interested in the others private area or puberty which ever comes first.
P.

My pediatrician says when they begin noticing differences, around three.

1 / 3