Need Math Tutoring Resource

I have a second-grader, and I'm hoping to find a good math tutor to work one-on-one with her this summer to reinforce what she's learned so far, and to help prepare her for third grade math. If anyone knows of anyone in the Allen or McKinney area, please let me know.

Just an FYI: after getting many great responses, I looked into one of the tutoring resources provided by one of the "Mamasource" users. It's an organization called "Rising Scholars". We are now using one of their talented tutors, and just love her. I highly recommend "Rising Scholars" to anyone needing tutoring assistance for their children.

There is an awesome Tutor in McKinney, Stuart Pearlman, of the Tutoring Club. He is excellent and has had great references. His number is ###-###-####.

Hi!

I'm currently booking my summer tutoring students. I'm a teacher with 15 years experience. I have a Master's degree in education. I have taught in California, Tennessee and now for 5 years in Texas. I have recently begun tutoring after school and am enjoying the one-on-one with students so much! I'm a natural with kids and a born teacher. For what it's worth, I've won teacher of the year and other awards. I also have experience as a live-in nanny. My expertise is with grades 1-5, and I'm certified in grades 1-8. Feel free to contact me and discuss your needs. My email address is ____@____.com. I typically see students at local libraries. My fees are reasonable. I hope to hear from you! Thanks, L.

I know a personal tutor that I have heard nothing but excellent things about. His name is Urs Seiler. He is a certified teacher and specializes in math, foreign language, history and geography. His contact info is ###-###-#### and email ____@____.com

4.0 Home Tutors! They are amazing and the director is wonderful... 1-1 in home tutoring... She schedules around your household routines...

www.dfwhometutors.com

Let her know M. referred you...

It's a small, local business with a great reputation which centers around the students and their individual needs!

I (and my husband) own a tutoring business (www.risingscholars.com), and we have summer programs. Our tutors come to your home to do one-on-one tutoring. We have a program through the summer called "Next Step Prep." We use the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) from the upcoming grade to introduce the student to the new concepts that will be presented in the next grade. Many of our tutors are certified teachers, and all of them have background checks run before they come to your house. There is no "contract" you sign with us; you use our services as long as you need them. Feel free to look us up online and give us a call if it sounds like something that would work for your family.

I am a certified teacher who also does private tutoring. I live in Plano and would be available to assist you some over the summer. I may be reached through my personal email at ____@____.com and we could set up a time to meet. Thank you and have a nice day!

S. Walker

Your school guidance counselor is a good resource. Many teachers tutor on the side. Going rate is about $50+ an hour.

Rising Scholars - talk to the owner Aaron Chowning. ###-###-####.

1 / 3