Looking for a Pumpkin Farm in the San Antonio Area.

Hello Everyone!

I'd like to take my son to pick out a pumpkin this year sine he's old enough and the only pumpkin patches I can find are a ways away! I've only lived in San Antonio for 3 years so I don't know to much about where to go for such things as this. Anyone know of a place near buy that you can pick out your own pumpkin?

Alamo Heights United Methodist Church on Basse Road, over by the Quarry has a wonderful pumpkin patch. They just got another delivery of pumpkins on Saturday and they pumpkin patch is full. This is an outreach project and all money collected goes to local outreach charties like Habitat for Humanity. There is aplace set up for you to take pictures with a great back drop and very young kids get a free wee one pumpkin to take home.It's a great place to have lunch and let the kids play in the patch. It's open from 9:30am to 7pm every day. Go and enjoy.

we just went to devine acres on saturday its about 40 mile south of san antonio but it was worth the drive, they have pumpkins of course, duck racing fishing, dress the scarecrow, you can paint pumpkins and there are hay rides and a small choo choo, lol we all got on it! it was a blast and it like buck for ages 2 and above, we spent all day out there my kids loved the hay bale maze! they also have a gift shop and a grill there, the staff was friendly and very kind. the have alot more then i have mentioned also, play areas and all. i would recommend it to everyone!

http://www.familypumpkindays.com/

We went to this place last weekend and it is so neat!! The have hay mazes, hay obstacle courses, hay rack rides and a big tractor hay ride. You can paint your pumpkins there, get kids faces painted... so, so much to do!! I LOVED it and will be making it an annual tradition. My son is 19 months old and had a blast!

St. Thomas Episcopal Church at 1604/281 area has several cute set ups done for pictures and several different little fun games and activities for the little ones - if your 22 month old will sit still! :) I have a 22 month old as well. They have all different sizes of pumpkins and other things like gourds and corns to pick out too. The church is right past Harvest Fellowship going east before you hit 281.

I also passed by one with an inflatable bounce house the other day right there off of Bulverde/1604 in that landscaping business lot. You can't miss it!

I go to a church on Tezel road. It is close to Guilbeau road area. I am not sure if that is close by that pumpkin patch is really pretty and good prices.

I just took my kids to a pumpkin patch on Sunday, they read my kids a stiry and then they picked out their pumkins! It was fun! It is located on Vance Jackson across from the super wal-mart. Not to good with directions, but I'm sure you will find it on the Internet. Good Luck

Sincerely,
C., mother of two!

I know you are looking for one close. But if you have a few friends and you want to go as a group - Love Creek Orchards in Medina (about an hour from 1604 up 16) is WONDERFUL. My 7 year old is sick we can't go this year she loves it that much.

Have fun.

There's a church off of Tezel, between Culebra and Guilbeau (close to Mainland?) that usually has a big selection. I've never gone, but you can't miss it driving by each year. If you're coming from Guilbeau, it will be on your right.

1 / 3