Leg Swelling After C-section

I had a c-section Tuesday night and when I came home from the hospital my legs and feet became extremely swollen, my doctor says it's normal and will go away in 2 weeks, but it's so uncomfortable and gross looking, has anyone else had the same problem after giving birth? Does anyone have any home remidies other than keeping your feet up and driking lots of water??? HELP! I can't wear my shoes! LOL!

Thank you to everyone who responded, the swelling has finally gone down. I woke up one morning and it looked like I was a regular person again instead of the goodyear blimp! LOL!

I had two C-sections, and never had any swelling after. They also used those tight leggings on me the whole time I was in the hospital-- I think that is the key!

My feet and legs were so swollen after my c-section that I did not wear shoes for almsot 2 weeks. Luckily I had my son in February so I just wore my boots - looked ugly but barely fit! I was convinced I was going to need to go to the ER, but they eventually did go down. However, after my first son my feet didn't grow, but now after my c-section (16 months later) my shoe size is a size larger and also in a wide too.

thank u 4 askin this question i just had my 1st baby mon on the 29th by csection 2day i came home on the 1st an got scared when my feet swole.this is such a relief 2 c it is common thank u very much!

Flip - Flops...that's all I have to say :). With my first one, my feet were so swollen before and then they got even worse after my C-Section. My doctor warned me that it was going to get worse before it got better, and it did. Mine were really bad after for about a week before the very SLOWLY started going back down. During that time, I had a pair of flip-flops and a pair of Adias sandals (the ones that velcro across the toes and have little round things that stick up to make up the foot bed - they might have even been men's) that I would wear.

Make sure that you do keep walking - that actually helped too. I had bought a pair of wide-width tennis shoes that (once I could get them back on) I would wear and that helped too. (to have them on and walk - gets the blood flowing and that helps move the toxins out of your feet.)

They pump you full of fluids before a c-section, and then you lose blood so your body will retain fluids for use in rebuilding your blood supply. Drink lots of fluids (if you drink water be sure to put a bit of juice or lemon in it so your body recognizes it as food and will digest it properly instead of it going right through you)

I had a c-section on May 10th and I didn't experience any swelling after a few days in the hospital. I did right after but they kept checking to make sure that the swelling went down.

My legs were so swollen up to my hips after a c-section with my son I could barely bend them to get into the shower. It lasted a little over 2 weeks. When I went to get my staples out, a week after my son was born, I actually weighed 5 lbs MORE b/c of all the water. It was painfull and horrible and nothing seemed to help. It will go away quickly one day though-- just be prepared to be close to the bathroom.

Dear Melicca

I had my daughter (second) in Feb and I had it. I didn't have any swelling during the first CSec. But really it goes away. drink water as the doctor told. It looks bad. Don't worry it will go away.
Love C. Sengupta

1 / 3