Feet Swollen After Having Baby and Nothing It Helping.

Is there anything over the counter or from the natural foods market that I can take to reduce the swelling in my feet and legs due to I am nursing a new baby??
Everyone's answers were great & on target. I finally got in contact with a friend (out of state) that is a homeopathic doctor & asked the same question. She said to drink water at least 3 times a day, eat an orange & gave me other fruits and vegetables like some of you named. The baby is one week today & I had a C-section due to the swelling. So I am having someone go to the store today to pick up needed things so I can feel better & enjoy my new little angel more. (If that is possible) :) Will let everyone know in a few days how things are progressing. Thank you so much for answering me back so quickly. I was panicking.

More water in = more water out. You need to drink more water and cut down on salt. Elevate your feet. You shouldn't be doing much of anything after having a baby, this is probably your body's way of telling you that you are doing too much and you need more rest. You can't take care of your baby if you don't take care of yourself :)

I had this after my last delivery I ended up in ICU for extreme high blood pressure.

I'd check your BP and see what it is at

Go check your BP NOW!!!!! You may have postpartum preeclampsia. If you have headaches, blurred vision, you need to seek medical attention at an ER now.

I would get it checked out. My feet swelled like crazy and I couldn't even wear flip flops about a week after the delivery. Despite my husband's demands that I go see the doctor, I ignored it and just elevated them. the swelling went away, but one month post delivery I had a seizure or passed out (I am not sure which) in the middle of a store. My blood pressure was 190/130. 7 months later and I am still struggling with the blood pressure. The swollen feet was my clue that I had post partum hypertension, which is rare when you didn't have any problems in the pregnancy (this was as smooth a pregnancy and delivery as you can get.) So please show your doctor your feet.

Elevation, Ice, Asparagus

The last month of my pregnancy really swelled up my feet and legs and they stayed that way till about 2-3 weeks after delivery.
I was holding a lot of water.
I lost 20 lbs giving birth and in the next 2 weeks I lost another 20 lbs and the swelling gradually went away.
Drink lots of water to help your kidneys flush the extra fluid from your body.
The hospital gave a water bottle to every new Mom and said you should drink a whole bottle of water every time you nursed - which was often.
I had to wear compression socks for a few weeks but they helped a lot.

Pick up a pair of compression stockings at the pharmacy or medical supply store or ask your doctor to order some for you. They will help your circulation and help decrease the swelling. Elevate your feet whenever you are sitting down. Avoid salty foods and drink plenty of water.

Updated

I had the same problem with my now 2 month old. I was going on 2weeks no improvement. I was thinking postbpartum eclampsia but i had a bp machine at home and i checked often and readings were perfectly normal. Then someone recommended cranberry juice (the real stuff not the cocktail) and water. The swelling was down in 2 days. I was shocked and relieved it worked. Hope you find relief soon...

Updated

1 / 3