Juice for 1 Year Old

I would like to know what juice brands (lower sugar, organic etc.) are best for babies. I have been buying Gerber juice but am open to other suggestions.

Use whatever brand is 100% juice but mix it with water or put in ice cubes to cut down on how much she drinks. Keep introducing water though and eventually she'll drink it. My son didn't want water at first but now that's what he asks for most of the time. Good luck.

Good morning. Mott's (apple juice) makes a brand specifically for little kids. It's called "Mott's Tots". It's with the regular bottled juices. (Raley's sells it.)

Hi!
I am a Family Wellness Coach and my passion is helping new moms help their children grow into habits that will support a healthy future.

Based on my research, I have that NO JUICE is best for children. The sugar content, organic or not, is almost like a drug direct to their tiny growing brain. They are in such a stage of rapid brain growth right now, the less sugar you can put into them the better.

There are many things you can do to a cup of water that is healhtier for children.
1. Add about 1/2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (not the kind in that plastic lemon)*if they can squeeze it in it's even better because it is like "playing with food"
2. blend an apple freeze it into icecubes and add to water.
**actually you can freeze any blended fruit and add it as ice cubes
3. Just blend ice cubes into a "slushie" format and serve with a spoon.

Be creative. You are the mother. You are setting up your children for life. You get to choose how they will live it. Will they live it with bad eating habits or good ones. You will determine their future. Everything you do today will affect them tomorrow.

Choose Wisely.

B., B.A.;B.Ed.
Family Wellness Coach

I wouldn't do juice at all. Milk and water. or water w/ a splash of juice. make sure it is 100% juice.

Gosh what a conundrum. It's hard when a child does not like water.
For me, I don't like juices given at this age.. .my kids were not given juice until after 2 years old, and then only diluted 50-50 or more. And still now.

You can try VERY diluted juice. See if your baby will take that. Or, for my son, he only likes water if there is ice in it. So try that too. Sometimes it's just the temperature. My son likes cold things. My daughter will drink anything. And my daughter also went through a 'stage' where she liked 'carbonated' water (like her Dad). So that is an option too.

Oh, or try making ice-cubes using juice... then add that to the water for your baby. That way, less sugar and give it a little taste.

Also, it's the way you serve it. Try it in a sippy cup. Or straw cup. Or maybe squeeze a little orange juice in it directly.

Is your baby drinking other things? whole milk? Formula? if so he is still getting hydrated enough.

Or like Riley said, make your own! That is the best and easy.
And yes, they need the milk fats....its an essential 'nutrient' needed for brain growth and development etc.

But going back to 'juice'... well, maybe ask your Pediatrician? Some people also like the V-8 "Splash" drinks as well.

Good luck, I know we Moms have to try so many things sometimes! LOL

All the best,
Susan

We make (ahem, squeeze) our own orange juice...but haven't gotten on board with making any other kinds. OJ is easy...everything else either requires more work or money then we're willing to do!

Other then that...we do Juicy Juice. Just juice, no added anything except vit C (ascorbic acid)& citric acid.

If you don't have a lactose intolerance going on, I'd like to STRONGLY recommend whole milk. Children's nervous systems are still growing until a minimum of age 3 and some research is showing up until age 5 or 6. (myelinization of axons/neurons). So they need a LOT of fats in their diet. Whole milk is one of the easiest and healthiest ways to go about that! :)

R

Hello!
Babies R Us and Whole Foods sell an organic juice called First Juice. It comes in a variety of flavors from carrot and apple, to peach and purple carrot. They are only 44% juice and the rest is water so it's already diluted for an infants needs. You can buy the in 8oz bottles with a kind of a sippy top or you can get it in a 32oz bottle.
Best,

When at home, I use whatever brand I find on sale that is 100% juice (but I check that it isn't made in China - I found that some Vons brand juices are, and don't want to take my chances after all of the recent problems). For going out of the house, I found Motts for Tots juice boxes, that are already diluted! Because my toddler tends to squeeze the box and squirt it all over himself, I found juicebox holders at Babies R Us that work great! No mess (unless he tries to pull out the straw!)

I love Juicy Juice. Also I dilute it with 1/2 water or some water and then they are sure to get more water intake.

1 / 3