Ink Pen Washed and Dried with Full Load of Laundry

My 19 year old son added a couple of his work shirts to the laundry yesterday. Needless to day he forgot to take his black ink pen out of his pocket and I washed and dried the clothes with the pen. How do you get the ink stains out of clothes that have already been dried?

I've used the carpet cleaner Spot Shot before when the same thing happened. It took several times but it got dried on ink out of one of my daughter's dresses.

Try Zout....

My youngest son feel asleep with a blue marker in his bed... What a mess !!! I thought that the bedsheets and his clothes were ruined.

I put Zout on the stain and let it sit for 5 minutes. Washed and was amazed that the majority of the stain was gone. Washed a second time and the stain was completely gone.

It is hard to find, but I found it at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

You could call a dry cleaner for some advice -- they've got all the tricks of the trade for stain removal -- but I'm pretty sure you aren't going to be able to get the ink out.

I had an ink disaster recently and I was amazed at what worked-- just plain soaking. I tried scrubbing with several cleaners and nothing was working, and my mother suggested just soaking the garments for a while. I thought she was crazy, but I set them in the washtub with just plain water and detergent and let them sit for several hours-- and the ink just dissolved out! I couldn't believe it.. it's worth a try. Good luck!

I found this on the zout website after someone mentioned the product....

http://www.zout.com

Always follow garment label instructions when pretreating and laundering your clothes. For colored garments, test an inside seam for colorfastness. If the garment is washable, follow the instructions below.
To remove ballpoint ink stains, place stain face down on white paper towels. Sponge with rubbing or denatured alcohol (hair spray usually works well). Then rinse and launder with Purex® detergent. Magic Marker or felt tip pin stains are very difficult to remove. Try flushing with cold water until pigments are removed; then rub liquid detergent or Zout® stain remover into stain. Rinse and repeat process until most of the stain is removed. Then add 1-4 tablespoons of household ammonia (per quart of water) to warm sudsy water. Soak garment for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly, then launder in the warmest water recommended on the garment label.

Try Zout....

I would use any hairspray or grease lightening.

This is a regular thing at our house. I just throw them back in the washing machine and rewash it without pretreating or anything. The only thing it didn't come out of was a shirt that had a lot of spandex in it. It only had a few spots on it and I always wore it under something else I wasn't worried. After the third time wearing and washing it the stain came out. I very rarely use spot cleaner the first time around because I can usually get it out the second washing.

Try hair spray aqua net works best, also try rubbing alcohol.

1 / 3