Sharpie on Clothing

Does anyone know how to get a black sharpie mark out of a piece of clothing??? I tried spray and wash, but that didn't work..... I did not dry, just washed...

Hello! I love "SOILOVE". It comes in a small green little bottle, and there is a red heart in the "o" for love. This takes out blook, red wine, spaghetti, blueberries and strawberry stains. And best of all, it costs about a buck. However, if you have already washed the clothes once, I don't know if it will take it out. But it's cheap enough to try. Good luck!

Sharpie is tough, the only thing i know that gets it out is alcohol, liking rubbing alcohol. Good Luck

I have used Goof Off from Home Depot. It has taken out "Sharpie" out of my children's clothes in the past. Only use in a well ventilated area though!
Mommy of three!

Hi ES,
I have cut and paste an article from the Sharpie website with their suggestion of how to remove Sharpie marker stains from clothing. A link for a product they recommended is also attached. Good luck!
"The successful stain removal of ink stains differs from case to case because of the many types of fabrics, colors, inks and time elapsed before stain removal. We cannot guarantee stain removal since many variables can be involved. Testing first is always recommended as well as following both the stain remover and clothing manufacturer's instructions. Following these steps should result in partial or complete removal.

General Rules:

1) Treat stains as soon as possible. Fresh stains can be removed more easily than old ones.

2) Check manufacturer's labels as to fabric content and any special instructions

3) Always test stain removal solution first on a hidden part of the article or on swatch of fabric taken from seam allowance to insure no color loss or damage will occur.

4) Where possible, lay stained article face down on paper towels or clean white cloth and apply stain removal solution to underside of stain so that stain can be removed from the surface instead of pushing it through the fabric. Replace towels or cloth as they absorb stain to prevent stain transfer.

5) If enlisting the aid of a professional laundry or dry cleaner, be sure to indicate what the stain is and the type of fabric.

6) Do not iron stained garments or put in dryer as this may set stain.

* Also try AMODEX STAIN REMOVER for permanent ink: Amodex Products, P.O. Box 3332, Bridgeport, CT 06605, Phone:###-###-#### or go to www.amodexink.com

carpet cleaner, you know the kind you put in the "rug doctor" and machines. Works on EVERYTHING I have ever got in my suits. DOn't dilute it, don't leave it on too long (3 mins is usually good) then wash right away. It even got stains ourt of my suede couch!

Try rubbing alcohol.
Good Luck,
Linda

hairspray...the cheaper the better!

Oreck makes a carpet cleaner that gets permanent marker out of carpets or off hard surfaces. I havent't tried it on clothes, but if you want to try, it is called "No Return" and it's not cheap, but it is amazing stuff.

I HAVE to agree... S.U.M is the absolute best at removing Sharpie ink... Not caustic...

EVERY mom should have it in her home!

1 / 3