How to Keep Clean, Fresh and Smell Good All the Time in Your Private Area

How to keep clean, fresh and smell good all the time in your private area, tips for products or personal hygiene habits. i dont have infections or bad smell or discharge but I need some ideas for change and refreshness

okay, here's what my OB/GYN recommended to me:

no douching, unless there's an issue with discharge.

no powders....they can cause UTIs. (That's why powder should never be used with diaper changes. I've had many babies in my daycare end up at the dr over this....as a result of "mom" deciding powder was needed.)

feminine wet wipes are okay, but should not be overused....because they are "wet" - when you need to be dry.

& he said that basic cleanliness comes from daily soap/water washing, trying to not get the soap "in" anywhere. Thoroughly pat dry.....& that's it.

Now for my thoughts: I have found that as long as I use a good laundry detergent, one that does not trigger my allergies.....then that's the only thing I really need to feel fresh!

Summer's Eve has a sheer floral cleansing flushable cloth for sensitive skin. So soft and moist. Can use daily. Ph balanced, dematologist and gynecologist tested. Can use daily if needed. Not to pricey either. Love them, really makes you feel clean and fresh and no dryness either.

I'm sorry - your question just got me thinking about how we joke about dogs sniffing each other's behinds all the time and it just got me laughing.
Does anyone ever wonder why men never seem to worry about how their private area smells?
I mean, yes, we tend to be more moist and we need to be aware of the complications that can bring on, but there's not a single product out there for deodorizing a man's crotch.
Aftershave is just not going to work down there.
It's an untapped market!
If ad's for erectile dysfunction medications have become common place, it's time for ad's about 'male freshness'.

For me, not smelling bad = smelling "good." I can't use scented products because I am highly sensitive to both the smells and to the residues on my skin. So I just use a scent-free soap daily for exterior cleansing. The interior cleans itself if it is healthy.

Women who use lots of feminine cleansing products can unintentionally disrupt the natural population of good bacteria that help us by out-competing the nasties, and then we begin to have problems with smells, yeast overgrowth, and infections.

Just regular washing :) Seriously, that's about it. Never worried about it. Regular cleaning (and the fact that the vagina is a self cleaning body part, that's what discharge is for) is really all that you should need. I've never in 44 years purchased special douches, washes, spray or anything like that. The vagina doesn't need irrigation or perfume. Leave it alone to do its job as it should.

Go without underwear at home as often as you can - let your lady parts air out.

Sleep without underwear.

Wear cotton crotched panties during the day.

Change your undies mid-day if necessary.

Remember, a little discharge is absolutely normal. It is your body's way of cleaning itself.

Make sure you are clean and dry after each shower - and wash her daily.

Drink lots of water.

Eat a clean diet. Avoid processed foods and sugars.

Don't douche.

Wash with only water and possibly some organic non paraben soap down there.

This should be all you need for a clean lady part. If these things aren't enough and you still don't feel fresh, then I would speak to your doctor.

If you sweat a lot or are in a humid temperate zone... good luck with that!! The sweat glands in that area are more pungent than those on the rest of your body, due to it being a different kind. It's more oily and meant to be more 'smelly' or pungent than your under arms, etc.

Other than that issue - the vagina is self cleansing and a daily wash of water or even better - regular soap and water on the exterior should be enough.

ummm....take a shower five times a day???

it's not SUPPOSED to smell like flowers down there.

it smells different. it's part of our human sex hormone thing. it's supposed to smell like, well, itself. for procreation purposes. don't obsess about it unless you think you may have some kind of problem. and be careful before spraying all kinds of crazy chemicals in or around your reproductive parts.

good luck!

1 / 3