How to Get Silly Putty Out of Clothes?

My 4 year old decided to sleep with his silly putty last nite, out of the case. I have no idea how to get this stuff out of his pajamas. I guess it being on his clothes is better than his hair!! heehee Can anyone please tell me how to get it off his clothes? Thanks for your help!

Thanks to every1 for the ideas. I put the pj's in the freezer since it was a big ball if silly putty, that took off the majority, but those little bitty pieces weren't coming off, even with the ice. On a whim I tried my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Wouldn't you know it took all those little bitty pieces right off!!!! Took a little work but it get every bit of the silly putty off. Thanks again for all the help!

If you take an ice cube to it and freeze it it will peel off. If it's a lot of putty then stick the whole thing in the freezer and try it that way. Then you need to put some detergant on it to get the oil out, or dawn or corn starch.
Let us know!

Try Goo Gone. Good Luck!

When my kids got silly putty on my carpet I used ice. It kinda stained it when it finally did come up, but leave the ice on it for about 3 min and they try to peel it off. I hope this helps.

Let us know!

Try putting the pajamas in your freezer for a couple of hours or overnight...then chip off the frozen silly putty.

Dear C.,

Try ice, it might help. You can also go to Home Depot and get help from one of their associates, they have all kimds of solvents. I H. this helps.

Mimi

I agree, ice is the best way to get the silly putty off the clothes. I also believe it can sometimes leave an oily type residue. If you use one of the common stain removers that is designed for oily substances, that "should" take care of any remaining stains.

Debi

Try using WD-40 or Goof Off. Works on almost eveything.

Good luck, and please post if it works for you.

I've heard that ice works but I have never tried it. Hope you find something.

1 / 3