HELP! How Do I Get Silly Putty Out of the Carpet?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get dried silly putty out of carpet?

Thanks in advance for your help!

When this question has been asked in the past, someone responded rubbing alcohol.

I responded to a question recently with silly putty on a couch. I don't know how that turned out, but I would agree with Goo Gone. However, maybe before the Goo Gone, try to put an ice cube on it to harden it. Then, you might be able to pick it out, rather than deal with a sticky, messy, goo.
Good luck!!

goo gone works wonders! I even use it to get stuff like gum out of clothes!!

I would try baby wipes if you haven't. As a former preschool/ kindergarten teacher.... I have to say that when we had silly putty stuck on clothing, in hair, etc we always resorted to baby wipes. They always seemed to do the trick when nothing else would.

K., I know this works on cloth furniture and SHOULD work on carpet.... take an ice cube and "freeze" the silly putty.... it should eventually peel off thr carpet with very little residue. Good luck!! S.

You may try peanut butter. It always works for me getting gum out of things & it may do the trick for silly putty as well. Good Luck!

1 / 3