How to Bath 14 Month Old in Big Tub?

So my 14 month old dd has been in a bath seat for baths since she was 7 months old. I am afraid to bath her without it because she will try to stand up in the bath tub and slip all over the place. Do you have any suggestions on how to bath her without her slipping?? How do you bath your toddler?

Thank you so much ladies for the overwhelming number of responses!!! So I went out and purchased the no-skid mat from Babies R Us, which is a nice one because it is so long it covers most of the tub bottom. But even with a nice lovely mat ready for my daughter's bum to sit upon it she did not go for it. She immediately started screaming when I put her in the tub and would not sit down! I tried it two nights in a row and think that we may have to go back to the bath seat for a while:( Not sure what is going on; she has tons of toys to play with and generally does ok with the bath?!? We will try again in a couple of weeks. Thanks again!!!

J. and Jules

I went from reclining tub to a small tub that I placed in my bath tub. I used this between ages 8 months to 15 months then put her in the regular tub.

Hi J.-

I went through the ame with my kids. How I solved it was to get one of those non-slip bath mats that suction to the botom of the tub. That way they don't slip around, and just watch her like a hawk!! Good luck...

H.

I put a non-skid mat down in the bottom of tub and then put about 6-10 inches(just enough that if they layed down on their back the water wouldn't cover their face) of water in the tub. My kids could then play, with supervision, in the water and not feel overwhelmed or scared.

Head to Target or Wal-Mart and grab those grippy mats they sell in the bath section to keep her from slipping around. If you're ubber scared you can go to the baby section of most stores and grab a tub bumper so she doesn't bonk her head on the side of the tub.

Also at Toys/Babies R' Us they sell the same kind of stuff with cute themes and such. There's an inflatable tub bumper too that my friend loves and it limits the room to move around.

At this age I got my son Crayola crayons and stuff he could use in the tub and keep him seated at the same time.

Don't worry, it will be okay! Good Luck.

I agree that a non slip bath mat is the way to go. Also, only fill the tub up with about 6 inches of water and if she tries to stand, say, "We sit in the tub." Worked for both of my girls. (btw, my oldest daughter was born Aug. 7! Yay Leos!)

Good luck!!

get a non-slip bath mat in your tub and then it won't be a big deal if she stands up and plays around a bit.

i know a lot of the mats that fill the whole tub floor area can look tacky but they have some nicer designs these days.

ours is clear rather than white so it doesn't look as dirty as those old mats used to, and it fills the whole tub floor in a pattern that is kind of like polished stones. feels good on the feet.

we got it at bed bath & beyond.

For both our kids (now 5 and almost 2) we used an inflatable tub like the "Secure Transitions Baby Tub" from www.onestepahead.com. Love that website for Halloween costumes and lots of great products (we use our Snack Traps every day, even for the big kid!)

Hi, my 13 month old is the same way. I just calmly tell her that we sit in the tubby and help her sit down. We used to go through that about 100 times per bath but it is sinking now. Be patient she'll get there.

1 / 3