How Soon Should I Send Out Birthday Invitations?

I have always heard 2 weeks for most invitations. Is this still the standard on children's birthday parties?

Hi J. I always like to send invitations out a week and half before the party or anything for that matter. That way it isnt too soon to where they will loose it or forget, but they still have time to get gifts and all. Two weeks is a good time too, but no sooner than that.

2 weeks. Send them earlier and people forget. Send them later and people already have plans. Can't go wrong with 2 weeks.

I usually send out 4 weeks in advance.

With today's busy schedules, i usually send them out about 3 weeks prior so people aren't already booked with other things.

I send 10 days to 2 weeks. Any earlier than that people put them in a 'to do' pile and lose them. I had more people attend on that length of notice than with a longer notice.

Hi J....in response to your inquiry, I, personally, always try to get the invites out two weeks before the party just to give people enough time to plan on it. However, if you are pressed for time-like we all are from time to time, you can get the word out there in advance and just tell them you are a bit behind on the invites and will be sending them out as soon as you can..that way, they will know about your party and will be expecting the invite.

My thinking is always the sooner, the better...because people are so busy! I always send them out around 2-3 weeks early just to be sure. Of course, talk it up beforehand too so that people know! Then again, you may be talking more about school friends...my boys are only 2 years old and 11 weeks old so we don't have school friends yet! :)

I'd say 3-4 weeks during the busy times of year and 2-3 weeks when it isn't! Evite is a great way to let people know that an invitation is coming, or a very inexpensive way to actually invite people.

I do 3 weeks. Just to give people a little more time to plan on it. Now, I am a big time planner, so I usually have my invitations ready 2 months ahead of time stamped and ready to go. It's hard for me to hold on them that long.

I have found that sending them out more than a week in advance usually gets the party forgotten. Unfortunately, we live our lives day to day and an invitation tends to get lost or misplaced very easily. I always try to require an rsvp, but the only time I have gotten a response is when I left the address off the invitation and only gave a phone number.

1 / 3