How Often Take a Bath for a 3 y.o. Going to Preschool Every Day??

Hello,
My kid at just over 3 years old is going to preschool every morning (8 - 12:30) Mon thru Fri. They do outside play including sand box, play gears etc. for about an hour and the rest is indoor activities. Would you bath the kid every day after school or every other day (which we are currently doing) should be fine?

Thanks very much for your valuable inputs in advance!

Everyday. It's a good routine to establish (whether it is in the evening or morning) and it is practicing good hygiene. And, if they have always bathed daily they will not fight it when they get older because it is something they have "always" done...

I think everyday after school should be just fine.. more confortable for him/her :) Before bedtime always work for a good nights sleep :)

I didn't get a chance to read the other responses but I wanted to respond to you fast. I think a bath everyday is probably the best idea especially when going to preschool and playing outside. I too have a 3 year old and a 4 year old, they get pretty dirty playing so sometimes it's not evident but it is a good idea to just give them baths on school days. Oh, especially since schools are the primary place to catch colds and get exposed to tons of germs just starting fresh everyday is a good practice. Hope you're getting plenty of good advise.

We bathe our daughter every night before bed. Not only does she get clean but it helps with our bedtime routine and she loves the bath tub!

Everyday.

Staph germs, abound.

My Mom has a co-worker, that ended up in the hospital from a staph infection, that entered via a small cut.

I had a staph infection, when I was a child. That entered from a small cut.
It gets real bad, real fast.
I almost ended up in the hospital too.

My 4-year-old grandson takes a quick shower and brushes his teeth just before bed everyday. He plays hard, especially on preschool days, and gets pretty dirty! It's his nightly routine. He just learned how to get his PJ's out of his dresser and get himself dressed without help.

We do every-other-day b/c my son has really sensitive skin and daily bathing dries him out. We do a complete "wipe down" with a washcloth each night, thorough hand washing and a quick "nail check" every night.

Having said that, if he's dirty- he gets a bubble no matter what!

I bathe our son everyday. He is in 2nd grade. I just think it is gross to put him in clean pjs/clean sheets when he is dirty. I also think it helps cut down on colds and allergy issues. Some will say that is over doing it but he had one cold the entire winter.

Since you live in LA I would say every day. It's warmer there and the sweat and grime of playing in warm weather would just be more than I think is acceptable. Here in the Winter time I bathe the kids less but they are not playing out in dirt and running in heat.

Quick showers (less than 5 minutes) that just wash off the dirt and clean the hair are pretty much what we do most of the time. Playing in the bathtub is reserved for days when they just need the play time.

1 / 3