How Much to Charge for Babysitting??

A coworker of my husbands is in need of childcare for 2 days and asked if I was possibly available. She is asking me what I would charge but I'm not sure what to ask for. Her kids are 1 and 3 I believe. She is willing to let me watch them at my house or hers. I have a lot of childcare experience and am currently nannying part time. I make $12.50 an hour nannying but I feel like that may be too much since she is used to paying in-home daycare prices. I want to be reasonable, but I don't want to get nothing either. What would you charge in this situation?? Thanks :-)

A friend of mine in S. Minneapolis charges $25 per day per child. My licensed in-home daycare in S. Minneapolis charges $40 per day per child. Hope that helps.

$8-$10 a hour prehaps.... Unless you know they can afford more.

Or put the ball in her court and ask what is the range she's looking at.

Or tell her you make $12.50 being a nanny and understand they probaly can't afford that but you are willing to go down some.

This is tough....If you babysit the kids at your home you should charge her less than you would charge to go to her home. Good luck!

My old daycare lady charged $120 a week or $25 per day. It's hard to say. If you label it as babysitting I'd say $6-8 an hour total. You could do what the other posters mentioned and tell her you make $12.50 and that you are willing to go down to $10.00. It's up to you on how low you are willing to go to help out yet make side money.

Don't sell yourself short! You are not responsible for your husband's coworker's financial situation or childcare needs. If she wants in-home daycare prices, she should use an in-home daycare. If she wants a nanny, she should pay nanny prices. Charge $12.50 per hour, and more if there is housecleaning. We pay our nanny and our babysitter $18.00 per hour for two children under 3. It is a stretch for us financially, but we want our kids to have a nanny who feels valued.

1 / 3