How Do I Take Static Out of My Hair???

Hi...
i just did this hot oil mask on my hair last night, and it worked GREAT!!! its smooth, shiny, looks very healthy... and it even took away my split ends... HOWEVER, this morning, my hair is very static-y... i ran a dryer sheet through my hair but it didnt work... what else can i do??? i just ironed my hair, so i really dont want to wash it again...

I run water over my hair brush bristles before brushing it. I have static problems every morning when I go to fix my hair. But, I only put my hair in a pony tail, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Static is so annoying!

Try spraying some static guard on a hair brush and then brush it through your hair.

Most hot oil treatments dont really condition your hair, though it does leave it 'looking' shiny & smooth. Your split ends are still there they are just smoothed away. The only way you can rid of the static is to wash & condition with a good conditioner. Drying & ironing can cause static to dry hair. Carry a dryer sheet with you they help but not much. Water, hairspray will only work for a minute too...

Hi H., I asked my neice and my daughter (16 and 13) your question since they know EVERYTHING and I know nothing (tehehe), they say regular ole hair spray helps them with static.

:)

when i straighten my hair i lightly hair spray each section of hair. you can also buy a can of static guard and use that.

When my hair gets staticky, I wash my hair brush and make sure all old hair is out of it and then I spray my brush with hair spray and let it dry before using it.
I almost never use hair spray on my thin hair, but I certainly use it on my brush.
Hope it helps!

dont use too much hairspray on straight hair bc it will make it tangly. Use a quarter-size amount of mousse and apply it to your hair, but make sure you spread it on your hands first, you dont want it all in one place as that willmake your hair look greasy.

good luck :)

try a little bit of hand lotion but not to much or it will make your hair oily

Static is so annoying!

1 / 3