Help with Daughters Static Hair.

My 3 year old has the worst static, trying to get her hair to look ok for school is hard lol. I usually wet the brush then spray hair sray on the brush. Any suggestions?

Thank you everyone for all your advice. So far I have put a small bit of conditioner on my hands and have run it through her hair, seems to be working good for now. Her hair is short so cutting won't be an option. I have wrote the other products down so I can get them.

We have the same prob - dry Indiana winters - we use Sunsilk / Hydra TLC - in a pink bottle - Target or CVS i think - Cheap and works better that water or hair spray - Or I have also considered moving to Fla in in winter - ha ha -

I keep a dryer sheet in my daughter's backpack and when she gets static hair, she just rubbs her hair with the dryer sheet and the static is gone.

When i was younger my mom used to run a fabric softner sheet through my hair. I know it sounds weird but it worked

Hi B.! Try using a hair conditioner after washing her hair. If you use a 2-in-1 shampoo try switching to each individual. I use tangle tamers by loreal. It seems to help. good luck!

hi B.! i have twin girls that are 8 now, but when they were little, their hair was horribly "staticy". especially at the indoor playlands we would go to weekly. i always kept a small can of Static Guard in my purse and one in the bathroom at home. that worked wonders! smells funky, but they got used to it. though i try to be eco conscious, using chemical free products, i haven't found a natural product that worked!

Hi...I use the Suave kids detangler. It actually says on the back that it can be used for flyaways. It works great on my 3 year old daughter's hair. Her hair is so fine and always has terrible static. I spray it on, then brush it and it looks great. Her teachers have even commented on how much it works. I try to leave it in her bag with a brush for later in the day for them to use.

I use conditioner on her hair, which helps a great deal. I also started using just a touch of a mousse that's made for kids that I bought at Kid Snips.

Johnsons no more tangles spray works well and seems to last all day.

I use dryer sheets on my daughter's hair. They smell good and reduce static cling.

B.,
I too use to have very frizzy hair.
My sister in law who is a hair stylist told me to STOP using brush and to only use a wide tooth comb on my hair. Especially when it was wet!!
This has made a major difference!
Also you could spritz so liquid fabric softene on the hair or the hair brush!

My hair dresser told me to use a dryer sheet on the hair to reduce static. It really works and you can re-use it day after day.

1 / 3