Has Anyone Sold to Once upon a Child?

I have 3 giant tubs of very gently used boys clothes, and I want to sell them so I can donate the $$ to a fundraiser I'm doing. I'm wondering if any of you have sold items to OUAC, and if so, did you feel you were given a fair price for the items? Would I do better having a garage sale? Can anyone tell me what you can get for a good pair of jeans or t-shirt? I'm trying to figure if this is how I can get the most for them. I'm also limited in time so a garage sale is a little tough for me to pull off right now.

Have you tried Craigslist. I would think you could get more on there than going to OUAC.

Try selling as one big lot or Lots by size.

Hi Kelly
Once Upon a child is probably better and easier than a grarage sale. They will look through your stuff and take only what they think tlooks good so you may still end up with a tub or two when they are done but I think they give like 3 for a nice pair of jeans and a 1.50 for a nice shirt and I think they only take this season items. If I were you I would sell them on ebay it is really easy to set up and you can get a good price for your items especially if you sell them in lots buy size. Good Luck :)T.

Have a garage Sale, I have tried that store twice and feel ripped off. They give you very little, yet charge a lot. I understand they are trying to profit, but I feel they could pay a little more. My posting may be too late, and I did not read others. I found them to be very picky in regards to what they will take as well. You can try to sell them and take what money they will give you. Last time I brought in 4 tubs of items from my baby. They offered me 14 bucks for about a tubs worth of clothes, included in that was money for a Bobby as well. Not worth my time. good Luck with your fundraiser

Have you heard of Just Between Friends? They hold two Kids Consignments Sales each year, one in the spring and one in the fall. You price your own items and drop them off as a consignor. You don't have to work at the sale and they mail your check within 2 weeks. I have consigned in Maple Grove and Eagan with them. All equipment, toys, books sold and came home with only a few clothes. Check out the website at www.jbfsale.com. They have 5 locations in the Twin Cities.

I tried OUAC 2 times. The first time the girl seemed mad that I was there and told me she couldnt take anything because they had too much baby stuff already. It has been a couple years and I just tried a different location. I personally dont think it was worth the work and was shocked at what they didnt take. It seems like they only took the name brand older (over 18 months) clothes and even those they didnt take much. I brought in 6 big boxes and they took maybe 3/4 of a box. I think they pay comporable to a garage sale. Considering what they charge for there clothes though, it isnt much. Just my $0.02.

OUAC is a great place to sell your clothes. I sell to them often and have recieved money that I expected or even more for the clothing taken. It all depends on the quality of the clothing and the brand. I took in a half a basket once and she bought about 20 items and I recieved over $55 dollars for all of them.
Ebay is a great place to sell items however it is very time consuming and there are fees for doing it.
A typical pair of pants there you can get anywhere from 75 cents to three dollars. and a shirt is about the same. It really all depends on the brand and the demand for the items. But in my experiences I have really enjoyed taking my things there and have always received more than I expected.

I've taken things to Once Upon a Child and felt it was a waste of time. They give you very little, only 30% of what they sell it for. Try signing up for a seasonal consignment sale. They usually hold 2 sales a year (Fall & Spring) and give you alot more (70%+), plus you set your own prices. It's MUCH easier than a garage sale since you just drop your stuff at the sale and go. Some even have a "VIP Option" where you don't even have to price and tag your stuff. There's quite a few in the Twin Cities area: www.munchkinmarkets.com, www.fromyourstomine.com, http://gofishconsignment.com and http://www.freshthreadsconsignment.com/

I haven't had any experience with OUAC, but I have had good experience with Take 2, a kids consignment sale that happens twice a year. They can really use boys things too, as boys stuff is usually the first to go. The nice thing about Take 2 is they donate stuff to many great charities when the sales are over. I really like this family and business and appreciate their practices. You can reach them at Take2.com. They have sales in Omaha, Lincoln and Des Moines. We do have an annual garage sale with our neighborhood and I always do really well, but there are always thing left over. I put them in the Take2 pile and wait for the sale in the fall or spring.

1 / 3